+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical Reminder after medicals have been completed?

sparkles_

Jun 26, 2020
Hi all! Has anyone here received a reminder to submit medicals after completing the examination? My husband did his medicals back in late May although we received a reminder last week. The status underneath this (online) says “medical results have been received”.

Anyone experience this before and know what to do?

Reminder - Medical Examination
As per Section 38(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, A foreign national is inadmissible on health grounds if their health condition is likely to be a danger to public health; is likely to be a danger to public safety; or might reasonably be expected to cause excessive demand on health or social services.
To determine your admissibility to Canada, you and all of your dependants that you included in your application, whether accompanying or not, must undergo an immigration medical examination. The medical examination must be performed by a physician from the CIC list of panel physicians. Please visit www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/medexams-perm.asp for further information and a list of panel physicians.
NOTE: Proof of completion of the medical examination along with a copy of this letter must be sent to this office.

Reminder – Right of Permanent Residence Fee
The Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) is required before you can become a permanent resident in Canada. The Confirmation of Permanent Residence document will not be issued to you until this payment is made. If you have not already made the RPRF payment, you are required to do so in order to avoid processing delays. Failure to pay the RPRF may result in the refusal of your application for permanent residence. Information on how to pay the RPRF can be found at https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/pay.asp.

BranYHLee

Jun 21, 2022
Hi all! Has anyone here received a reminder to submit medicals after completing the examination? My husband did his medicals back in late May although we received a reminder last week. The status underneath this (online) says “medical results have been received”.

As per Section 38(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, A foreign national is inadmissible on health grounds if their health condition is likely to be a danger to public health; is likely to be a danger to public safety; or might reasonably be expected to cause excessive demand on health or social services.
To determine your admissibility to Canada, you and all of your dependants that you included in your application, whether accompanying or not, must undergo an immigration medical examination. The medical examination must be performed by a physician from the CIC list of panel physicians. Please visit www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/medexams-perm.asp for further information and a list of panel physicians.
NOTE: Proof of completion of the medical examination along with a copy of this letter must be sent to this office.

The Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) is required before you can become a permanent resident in Canada. The Confirmation of Permanent Residence document will not be issued to you until this payment is made. If you have not already made the RPRF payment, you are required to do so in order to avoid processing delays. Failure to pay the RPRF may result in the refusal of your application for permanent residence. Information on how to pay the RPRF can be found at https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/pay.asp.
I also got the same email and also passed my medical exam. Not sure what I need to do. I sent about this email to IRCC and let you know once I get any reply.

froglover

Mar 28, 2022
I also received this email and in my case, under the full status of my application it says that I have passed my medical exam. Additionally, the email was sent to me on the same day that this update was made. Did anyone in this thread ever resolve what if any action needs to be taken upon receipt of this email?

sparkles_

Jun 26, 2020
I also received this email and in my case, under the full status of my application it says that I have passed my medical exam. Additionally, the email was sent to me on the same day that this update was made. Did anyone in this thread ever resolve what if any action needs to be taken upon receipt of this email?
what we ended up doing was submitting a web form letting them know we already completed the medical and paid the fees (attached proof as well)

Jovirush

Star Member
Aug 26, 2022

Hi
I got the same email but not later than my medical was scheduled. I did the medical after this reminder. It seems it is just an automated reminder for all. some get it early, some get it late. it doesn't seem to have any effect on ur application if your fees are paid and medical has been done.

what makes me a little confused is that I got this letter stating.. INLAND SCLP just after my application# whereas I applied for outland application.
can you please tell me what is there on ur letter ... whether it's Inland or outland?

I"ll appreciate if u like to share... thanks

BranYHLee

Jun 21, 2022
I did not get any response from IRCC about this. However, I just got the portal invitation today. Seems like it just informs you with the email.

Jovirush

Star Member
Aug 26, 2022
I did not get any response from IRCC about this. However, I just got the portal invitation today. Seems like it just informs you with the email.
Portal is also operated by IRCC if I am not mistaken :) but well yeah I got this reminder letter through email.
I hope it won't affect our visa application unless the requirements are not done as written in that reminder letter.

sparkles_

Jun 26, 2020
we never received anything after that regarding the medical, so everything ended up being okay :). we applied in april 2022 and just received the portal invitation yesterday!

nedvert

Star Member
Jan 23, 2013
Sounds like it was just automated messages that are actually erroneously sent which is unfortunate as it seems to be affecting a lot of folks here. (And probably a lot more overall.)

Would be great if someone could get an actual statement from IRCC so that everyone can have "official" peace of mind.

Thomasyxw

Oct 9, 2021
Hi guys, I received same e-mail twice, one from earlier of Sep. and got another one today, I don't know what happened but I am little bit worry... Will send webform to check....

James Lyrie-Stewart

Star Member
Jan 13, 2013
Hi guys, I received same e-mail twice, one from earlier of Sep. and got another one today, I don't know what happened but I am little bit worry... Will send webform to check....
The reminder is just a generic email IRCC send to everyone, regardless of whether or not they did the medical exam or not. You can just ignore it.

svnakhil333

Jun 29, 2021
I have received the same email twice this month reminder of medical exam and Right of Permanent Residence fee.

I had made my payment when submitting application and medicals and biometrics was showing as completed in PR tracker as it is finished couple weeks ago

Should we leave this as automated message or need to submit webform? Please guide