+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical refusal for non-accompanying dependent child

Bungali88

Aug 2, 2019
Hi guys,

My daughters mother will not allow for her to have a medical exam. I have tried explaining that the medical exam does not mean that my daughter will be taken away etc etc.. You name the method of trying, I have tried it. Now I haven't actually received my request from the immigration for the medical exam as of yet as I only applied in June. I will give one more try when I receive the request because for some reason the mother doesn't believe that immigration would ask for a medical certificate for my daughter.

My question is do you think it would be worth sending a Letter of explanation before I receive the medical requests, just to give the officer a heads up on the situation? I have seen cases where PR has taken over a year to process with repeated requests for medical certificates even after LOE's have been given and I just want the process to run as smoothly as possible.

Thanks in advance :)

Sometheway

Star Member
Mar 9, 2019
Hi guys,

My daughters mother will not allow for her to have a medical exam. I have tried explaining that the medical exam does not mean that my daughter will be taken away etc etc.. You name the method of trying, I have tried it. Now I haven't actually received my request from the immigration for the medical exam as of yet as I only applied in June. I will give one more try when I receive the request because for some reason the mother doesn't believe that immigration would ask for a medical certificate for my daughter.

My question is do you think it would be worth sending a Letter of explanation before I receive the medical requests, just to give the officer a heads up on the situation? I have seen cases where PR has taken over a year to process with repeated requests for medical certificates even after LOE's have been given and I just want the process to run as smoothly as possible.

I got the same situation like I do, my lawyer advises me for ex parter, to make a statement for the refusal of the medical for the dependents, witch she did it and send it in.
But like I heard on here, in the future if you want to sponsor the kids, you can't.

Bungali88

Aug 2, 2019
Yeah I understand that situation also. Problem is she won’t write a letter either. Just point blank refused to do anything apart from tell me nothing is going to happen.

Sometheway

Star Member
Mar 9, 2019
I got the same situation like I do, my lawyer advises me for ex parter, to make a statement for the refusal of the medical for the dependents, witch she did it and send it in.
Yeah I understand that situation also. Problem is she won’t write a letter either. Just point blank refused to do anything apart from tell me nothing is going to happen.
That's more harder without her make a letter saying her wishes, wait until senior on the forum to help you.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi guys,

There is no point in sending a letter right now. Do you have any access to the child? Joint custody or visitation rights?

Bungali88

Aug 2, 2019
I have court papers from 6 years ago with a child arrangement order stating days and times I was supposed to see her but they never were adhered to. The papers do state that the mother has custody.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I have court papers from 6 years ago with a child arrangement order stating days and times I was supposed to see her but they never were adhered to. The papers do state that the mother has custody.
So you never see the child? If the agreement allows you visitation, you need to show that you have been denied access. Document the mother's refusal to allow you to see the child or have the medical done.

Bungali88

Aug 2, 2019
My child is in the UK so no I don’t see her. I will document everything as suggested and I can’t be any more transparent than that.

Thanks for your help.

ahmedcar

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
15-08-2019
AOR Received.
15-10-2019
File Transfer...
15-11-2019
Med's Request
18-10-2019
Med's Done....
24-10-2019
Interview........
25-09-2020 (Non-Scheduled, over the phone)
Hi,

We submitted self declaration and attached the custody papers to exclude my spouse son from the application. However we still got his medical request. Do we need to send the declaration and related documents again, if so then how to send them. His father took him to another country and there is no contact whatsoever since few years and there is no chance to get his medical done. What else can be added as supporting documents. Any help in this matter is appreciated.

Thanks and Regards

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi,

We submitted self declaration and attached the custody papers to exclude my spouse son from the application. However we still got his medical request. Do we need to send the declaration and related documents again, if so then how to send them. His father took him to another country and there is no contact whatsoever since few years and there is no chance to get his medical done. What else can be added as supporting documents. Any help in this matter is appreciated.

Thanks and Regards
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/non-accompanying-dependent.639084/#post-8245741

Bungali88

Aug 2, 2019
Just an update - I sent all documentation concerning the medical refusal including conversation transcripts, an explanation with a background on my situation and also a notarized document surrendering my right to sponsor. The immigration officer has required that I provide proof that I don't have custody. I am from the UK and we don't have custody, we have parental responsibility which means fathers have a right to see their children but that doesn't mean the right will be honoured as the mother has the automatic responsibility if that makes sense. I have looked extensively online about how I can provide proof of a custody paper and in the UK they do not exist. Do you think I should send a letter to the immigration officer explaining this?

kieranangell

Star Member
Sep 20, 2017
Just an update - I sent all documentation concerning the medical refusal including conversation transcripts, an explanation with a background on my situation and also a notarized document surrendering my right to sponsor. The immigration officer has required that I provide proof that I don't have custody. I am from the UK and we don't have custody, we have parental responsibility which means fathers have a right to see their children but that doesn't mean the right will be honoured as the mother has the automatic responsibility if that makes sense. I have looked extensively online about how I can provide proof of a custody paper and in the UK they do not exist. Do you think I should send a letter to the immigration officer explaining this?
good day,

would like to ask how you did yours, im on the same boat. pls help and would appreciate it alot

Tanvir123456

Jan 4, 2023
Hi,

Thanks and Regards
Could you please tell me what's the update of your profile? Did you get the VISA? Did you update those documents again?