Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-06-2013
AOR Received.
03-07-2013
Med's Done....
17-05-2013
Hi, for those who applied for spousal sponsorship from the Philippines, where did you get your medical and were you required to bring a referral from the embassy? From what I've read, spousal sponsorships need to undergo medical BEFORE they pass their application, so meaning there's no request or referral from the embassy yet. Are we allowed to get medical even without a referral from the embassy? I need an answer to this since I'm planning to go to Cebu to get my medical done. Any answers would be appreciated thanks!

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
shadowpetit said:
Hi, for those who applied for spousal sponsorship from the Philippines, where did you get your medical and were you required to bring a referral from the embassy? From what I've read, spousal sponsorships need to undergo medical BEFORE they pass their application, so meaning there's no request or referral from the embassy yet. Are we allowed to get medical even without a referral from the embassy? I need an answer to this since I'm planning to go to Cebu to get my medical done. Any answers would be appreciated thanks!
Yes, you're meant to do it before. Find a DMP here http://www.cic.gc.ca/dmp-md/medicalinfo.aspx?CountryID=2009&CountryName=Philippines and give them a call.. they should know that there's no required form for you to bring, they should have the form in their office. You don't need a request letter for the first medical.

fandv

Aug 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Jan 2013
AOR Received.
CPC-M: None. Singapore: 25 Apr 2013
File Transfer...
17 Apr 2013
Med's Request
2nd request: 5 Feb 2014
Med's Done....
1st: 12 Dec 2012. 2nd: 11 Feb 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14 Feb 2014 and also e-CAS changed to "In Process" on that day. Passport got to Singapore: 12 Mar '14
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made on eCAS: 12 April 2014. Visa n COPR issued 8 April 2014, received 16 May 2014.
LANDED..........
20 May 2014. PR card arrived on 29 July 2014.
shadowpetit said:
Hi there :)

To answer your questions:

1. You can only get your medical exam done by an approved physician. Here's a list of Filipino physicians approved by the CIC (lucky you, 4 of them are Cebu based):

http://www.cic.gc.ca/dmp-md/medicalinfo.aspx?CountryID=2009&CountryName=Philippines

2. No need to bring a referral from the embassy....in fact you must get the medical done at the beginning. At the end of the exam, your physician will give you a slip called IMM 1017, which you will have to include in your application package :)

shadowpetit

Apr 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-06-2013
AOR Received.
03-07-2013
Med's Done....
17-05-2013
Ok, thanks guys! I'm just confused because I called one of the DMP's in Cebu at Nationwide and they gave me a text message saying they need a referral from the embassy. Maybe they were just giving me a standard text and the rules have changed now with cic. But thanks anyway guys!

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
shadowpetit said:
Ok, thanks guys! I'm just confused because I called one of the DMP's in Cebu at Nationwide and they gave me a text message saying they need a referral from the embassy. Maybe they were just giving me a standard text and the rules have changed now with cic. But thanks anyway guys!
It's a common misconception. You have to tell them that they have the forms in the office, and you haven't applied for your visa yet. Call the other places and ask them.