+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical received, but no confirmation...?

pete6256

Jan 27, 2011
Hello,

I have a question and I was hoping someone could help me.

I applied for PR via the CEC route in February 2013. At the beginning of October 2013 I received an email from CIC telling me that I needed to do my medical, which I promptly did.

However I was under the impression that at the same time or prior to receiving my requested for a medical, I was supposed to receive another email from CIC saying that either: My application is now complete, OR that it will be complete once I send any additional documentation (e.g a new police certificate).

I have a friend you works for an immigration lawyer and does these applications for a living, and she says they always send this email at the same time or before the medical request... But I received nothing?

Has anyone else been in this position?

from_mumbai

Mar 4, 2013
Ontario
pete6256 said:
Hello,

I have a question and I was hoping someone could help me.

I applied for PR via the CEC route in February 2013. At the beginning of October 2013 I received an email from CIC telling me that I needed to do my medical, which I promptly did.

However I was under the impression that at the same time or prior to receiving my requested for a medical, I was supposed to receive another email from CIC saying that either: My application is now complete, OR that it will be complete once I send any additional documentation (e.g a new police certificate).

I have a friend you works for an immigration lawyer and does these applications for a living, and she says they always send this email at the same time or before the medical request... But I received nothing?

Has anyone else been in this position?
not sure about other processes, but in CEC you have to wait until they receive the medicals and then will contact you. it might take 10-20 days.. like in my case, my medicals have been received by them. they updated my status online but didn't send any email yet...

pete6256

Jan 27, 2011
Hi there,

Thanks for the response, so I did apply via the cic route. I actually looked online today at my application status and noticed that it has updated to 'Medical Received', but I still did not get the email I was supposed to get before telling me that my application is complete or that I need more documents?

from_mumbai

Mar 4, 2013
Ontario
pete6256 said:
Hi there,

Thanks for the response, so I did apply via the cic route. I actually looked online today at my application status and noticed that it has updated to 'Medical Received', but I still did not get the email I was supposed to get before telling me that my application is complete or that I need more documents?
dont worry. my status updated to medical received and now its decision made since 2 days still didnt get any email. CIC is very inconsistent with regard to online status and actual things going on. When they request you medicals, it means that you are eligible and all you documents very perfect. So, you just have to wait now. they will contact you soon (only CIC knows when their soon comes). ;) so dont worry

cecmar2013

Star Member
Apr 27, 2013
May I know seniors suggestion on below....

1. Do we get bio-data form along with PPR if RPRF
was already paid with initial application fee?

2. If we do not get bio-data form with PPR email , is it a good idea or bad idea to send filled bio-data firm with passports as a back up ?

Thank you.....

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cecmar2013 said:
May I know seniors suggestion on below....

1. Do we get bio-data form along with PPR if RPRF
was already paid with initial application fee?

2. If we do not get bio-data form with PPR email , is it a good idea or bad idea to send filled bio-data firm with passports as a back up ?

Thank you.....
As stated they are being a little inconsistent. Don't worry about what if. You will hear from them soon enough!!