Hopefully none
Passport Req..
16 September 2016
VISA ISSUED...
26 September 2016
LANDED..........
16 October 2016
sharing my experience.

Last June 4 I did a re-medical as per request by VO-manila. I got problem with my X-ray result (said there was a spot). While I was doing the xray, the tech seems cannot get a clear result of all (ribs i think). I have done than 6 xray procedure, 4 for the Chest PA and 2 for the lateral chest. Then they decided that it is enough. The doctor discussed to me my xray and that they found a spot (clouding) on my xray result. I have done the medical before (April 28,2015) and everything was cleared including my xray. I was not convinced with my xray result, so I hurriedly went to another clinic who is more advance than the first one (accredited clinic). My xray with the 2nd clinic was taken only once and it is very clear. Initially, I brought the xray film to the accredited panel physician (in the accredited clinic) She noticed immediately a big difference from the first xray film to my 2nd xray film which is vividly clear. She asked me to submit the xray result (which will be released in 3hrs). I waited and got the result and everything written in the result is clear and negative for any abnormalities. I submitted the result to the panel physician and she told me that they will include my 2nd xray result and the previous xray (the 2015 xray) that they will submit to the embassy. Today, I received a letter from the embassy (Manila Visa Office) that I am required to have further medical test (sputum test and culture) I immediately go to the accredited clinic and had my first sputum extraction sample.

I guess all the effort of having 2nd opinion is useless and won't have any weight in the evaluation of RMO (Regional Medical Office-Canada). Now all I can do is hope and pray that the sputum test will come negative and pass this another test and delay. The panel physician told me that my x-ray schedule will be on Sept. 4,2016 that is almost 3 months from now.

By the way, I do a regular run (jogging and running) I can run for 10 laps straight, taken out and controlled intake of carbo foods from my meal. I am 5'7" and 80Kg. never been hospitalized and no serious injuries or illnesses my BP is 110/80 and no maintenance meds or whatsoever. That is why I was surprised by the outcome/diagnosis of my xray.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Bugsbong said:
I guess all the effort of having 2nd opinion is useless and won't have any weight in the evaluation of RMO (Regional Medical Office-Canada).
Only results from CIC Panel Physicians and associated offices are allowed to be considered. Your second opinion was from an outside medical office and therefore cannot be used to make a decision.

Blair724

Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
Aug. 08, 2012
Med's Request
Nov. 21, 2014, June 9,2016
Med's Done....
Dec. 16, 2014, June 16, 2016
Passport Req..
In God's time
VISA ISSUED...
In God's time
LANDED..........
In God's time
Bugsbong said:
sharing my experience.

Last June 4 I did a re-medical as per request by VO-manila. I got problem with my X-ray result (said there was a spot). While I was doing the xray, the tech seems cannot get a clear result of all (ribs i think). I have done than 6 xray procedure, 4 for the Chest PA and 2 for the lateral chest. Then they decided that it is enough. The doctor discussed to me my xray and that they found a spot (clouding) on my xray result. I have done the medical before (April 28,2015) and everything was cleared including my xray. I was not convinced with my xray result, so I hurriedly went to another clinic who is more advance than the first one (accredited clinic). My xray with the 2nd clinic was taken only once and it is very clear. Initially, I brought the xray film to the accredited panel physician (in the accredited clinic) She noticed immediately a big difference from the first xray film to my 2nd xray film which is vividly clear. She asked me to submit the xray result (which will be released in 3hrs). I waited and got the result and everything written in the result is clear and negative for any abnormalities. I submitted the result to the panel physician and she told me that they will include my 2nd xray result and the previous xray (the 2015 xray) that they will submit to the embassy. Today, I received a letter from the embassy (Manila Visa Office) that I am required to have further medical test (sputum test and culture) I immediately go to the accredited clinic and had my first sputum extraction sample.

I guess all the effort of having 2nd opinion is useless and won't have any weight in the evaluation of RMO (Regional Medical Office-Canada). Now all I can do is hope and pray that the sputum test will come negative and pass this another test and delay. The panel physician told me that my x-ray schedule will be on Sept. 4,2016 that is almost 3 months from now.

By the way, I do a regular run (jogging and running) I can run for 10 laps straight, taken out and controlled intake of carbo foods from my meal. I am 5'7" and 80Kg. never been hospitalized and no serious injuries or illnesses my BP is 110/80 and no maintenance meds or whatsoever. That is why I was surprised by the outcome/diagnosis of my xray.
Hi! I would also like to share my dad's result which is same as yours. We had our re-medical last Thursday June 18,2016. And just finished his sputum yesterday. My dad's previous medical are all clear except for this re-medical xray result which indicates that there was a spot in his lungs.He always do excercise in the morning, jogging etc.. Then We were instructed to have sputum and its result would be after 3mos. In which you would call for follow up on the nurse who handles you, contact number indicated on the paper they've given to see if the result of the sputum test is available and another xray would be conducted. If proven to have something serious, or the spot got bigger you would now undergo treatment for 6mos. Free.. And that medication would be given to you by the nurse and on the testing center everyday... They also explain over and over again that its free and the expense you'll incur are only on the fair,food,rent on hotels.. Its suspicious right? My moms friend also had a son with the same case as you had where they also had their second opinion on some private institution which CIC didn't honor or consider since its not accredited, the second xray on tyhe private institution says its negative..the child did undergo treatment... I don't know what we should do. Or if there's really something going on between cic and the testing centers... And the nurse and doctor said that there's nothing that they could do and that xray results are read by cic's own radiologist....

Blair724

Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
Aug. 08, 2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
In God's time
VISA ISSUED...
In God's time
LANDED..........
In God's time
Bugsbong said:
sharing my experience.

There's nothing we could do. Pls. Update us this sept. About your case... Hope everything will be okay.. God bless.. It's really depressing.. My family would wait for another year again.... Been Too long..

Bugsbong

Star Member
Apr 13, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2015
Doc's Request.
09-11-2015
AOR Received.
02-09-2015
IELTS Request
None
File Transfer...
09-11-2015
Med's Request
Upfront... re medical request june 1,2016 / re-xray Sept 4,2016
Med's Done....
28-04-2015 / 04-06-2016 / 06-09-2016
Interview........
Hopefully none
Passport Req..
16 September 2016
VISA ISSUED...
26 September 2016
LANDED..........
16 October 2016
Just got a word from the doctor that my sputum test results is negative. My scheduled xray again is on september 5. Hopefully the ppr and voh will come next and not very soon.

Reactions: Graceiz06

RDN

Jan 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
13-04-2015
File Transfer...
23-06-2015
Med's Request
22-03-2016
Med's Done....
22-06-2016
Interview........
15-03-2016
Bugsbong said:
Just got a word from the doctor that my sputum test results is negative. My scheduled xray again is on september 5. Hopefully the ppr and voh will come next and not very soon.
I had the exact same problem as you. I had to do the repeat x-ray after 3 months. I was not worried because I knew that it was a scar from TB that I had 15 years ago. I knew it was not active (if not i'd be dead by now). This prolongs the process and there is nothing we can do... Hang in there...

Blair724

Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
Aug. 08, 2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
In God's time
VISA ISSUED...
In God's time
LANDED..........
In God's time
Hi.my dad just had his re-xray sept. 16, the spot was gone, and sputum culture turned out negative... Thank God.. Waiting for ppr, hope it will come soon... Always positive.. God bless everyone.. Never loose hope, never give up..

enerando

Jul 22, 2023
I am facing the same problem. 17 years ago I got a TB. In 2017 and 2021 I did chest X-ray and everything was normal. Reccently it was again performed from the CIC Panel Physicians and my X-ray result show problem as they mentioned (said there was a spot). they request for sputum and x-ray after three month. I do not know why. how they can think that after 17 years the TB still active. My wife and my son results has no problem in their own results. I am confused, I want to know if there is a possibility to talk to the RMO and IRCC about the case because I need to back to school within a month in august. But I can not get the result before october. How to deal with such situation