+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical Non accompanying Spouse

localhost8100

Star Member
Aug 29, 2019
Hey guys,

Canadavisa.com has been very helpful for giving me knowledge about the process.

I ahd a question. I recently got OINP nomination. I am waiting for my invitation in next draw. I am gathering all the documents, I understand that me being the primary applicant, I can go for medical before ITA or after ITA. I even called one of the doctors in US, they confirmed that I only need passport for the medicals.

My concern is my spouse, can she get medical before ITA? or after ITA or should I wait until I get instructions from IRCC about her medicals after the application.

I had read somewhere that we need to wait until IRCC sends us request for non accompanying spouse's medical request.

Thanks everyone for the help.

localhost8100

Star Member
Aug 29, 2019

ContactFront

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2017
Express Entry is NOT family sponsorship
Your application will be refused if your spouse does not complete upfront medical

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/medical-exams/requirements-permanent-residents.html#when

You can’t get an upfront medical exam if you’re applying to sponsor your spouse, partner or child. Wait for our instructions before going for your medical exam.

I just saw this. I guess upfront doesn't apply when you are sponsoring your wife. She is non accompanying so. Thats good. Thanks for the info.
Agree with above.

You are not sponsoring her, so that is completely irrelevant to your situation. She must have a medical before you apply. If you submit the app without her medical, your app will be rejected.

localhost8100

Star Member
Aug 29, 2019
Awesome guys. Thanks for clearing that up. I will wait for my wife's PCC and ask her to go to medical immediately after it.