visanews

May 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,

I am a little confused as to whether I should including the medical now as instructed on the checklist or wait tobe sent instructions as stated on the medical information information, " Instructions on how to take the medical examination will normally be sent to you after you submit your application to the visa office"

Any ideas??

Thanks

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you are applying "Family spousal outland" but actually based in Canada - include the medical document (that the DMP provides) with the application.

Make sure you are using the correct application kit.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp

heyhey1

Jan 13, 2012
Nanaimo
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 7, 2011
AOR Received.
March 16, 2011
Med's Done....
Dec 8, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
AIP: Feb 11th, 2012
We sent our medicals, and FBI check all with the application...actualy just the medical recipt. The doctor sent the actual records to Ottawa. From there they are reviewd and sent to Vegerville...I have seen many people getting approved step 1 and 2 at the same time..But I also see people who say they have expired, and have to re-do them..

Mehwish9

Star Member
Apr 2, 2009
i will suggest that you should wait for their instructions,when they need it the will write to you to send your medical report.

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mehwish9 said:
i will suggest that you should wait for their instructions,when they need it the will write to you to send your medical report.
It is far better to read (and follow) the instructions with the specific kit.
If not you will introduce delays into the process.

Eyleen

Jan 18, 2012
You can arrange medical exam yourself (depends if your inland or outland). If outland make sure its a relevant doctor who does immigration examinations. I did it myself outland and attached my medical report together with my application kit.

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Eyleen said:
You can arrange medical exam yourself (depends if your inland or outland). If outland make sure its a relevant doctor who does immigration examinations. I did it myself outland and attached my medical report together with my application kit.
The immigration medical has to be performed by a DMP.

CanadiansWife

Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 14, 2011
File Transfer...
Feb 03, 2012
Med's Done....
Nov 18, 2011
Passport Req..
Feb 23, 2012 (New Delhi recieved it March 24, 2012)
VISA ISSUED...
May 7, 2012
visanews said:
Hi guys,

I am a little confused as to whether I should including the medical now as instructed on the checklist or wait tobe sent instructions as stated on the medical information information, " Instructions on how to take the medical examination will normally be sent to you after you submit your application to the visa office"

Any ideas??

Thanks

Hi, You NEED to send your medical exam (the copy that the doctor gives you) WITH your actual application! Otherwise you will be facing delays!! They will send the application back to your sponsor, which will cause 2-3 months of delay for step 1!!! Also, you can't just go to any doctor. You have to go to a specific doctor who does this. You can find a list of these doctors in your area on the official Canada immigration website.
You can send your Police clearance later on (as soon as u get them), but for now- your medical
Copy needs to be turned in with the application. The designated doctor will send your medicAl results to the Ott. Office.

I have a lawyer to help me out with this stuff, and she refused to send my application out without my
Medical! So this advice is coming from a very experienced immigration lawyer as well.

Here is the link where you can find a list of chosen doctors in your area that can do this for you:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/dmp-md/medical.aspx

visanews

May 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,

thanks for your valuable advice. Fortunately, I have been able to arrange an appointment on 20th Jan with a DMP on the list so, (fingers crossed)should be able to send in the application very soon.............................. at last!! :D

0jenifer0

Champion Member
Jul 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 29, 2011 (CPC-M recvd Nov 1, 2011)
Doc's Request.
Feb 13, 2012 (sent June 4, 2012)
AOR Received.
Dec 29, 2011
File Transfer...
Jan 11, 2012
Med's Request
Aug 13, 2012 (recvd 08-23-2012) (redo 08-30-2012)
Med's Done....
May 26, 2011 exprd.
Passport Req..
Feb 8, 2012 (sent 03-23-2012)
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 28, 2012 (12-2-12 DM) (12-7-2012 delivered)
LANDED..........
DEC-25-2012
visanews said:
Hi guys,

thanks for your valuable advice. Fortunately, I have been able to arrange an appointment on 20th Jan with a DMP on the list so, (fingers crossed)should be able to send in the application very soon.............................. at last!! :D

In our case I finished my medical before filling up the forms. I include the COPY 2 gave by DMP the day after my medical and send my Application to hubby in Canada now our ECAS says :

Application Recieved
We received (my name) application for permanent residence on November 1, 2011.

Medical results have been received.

e. The DMP will give you (original) copy 2 of the medical report that you need to include with your application. copy 1 will be sent by the DMP to the appropriate medical office for processing.

S

svieira

visanews said:
Hi guys,

Any ideas??

Thanks
Hi,

We are applying outland and when we were getting the app ready I contacted some doctors to do the medical and they told me that now the medical is done later on in the process, we then contacted the VO and they confirm us by writting that we will be asked to do the medical at some stage. Our application was transferred 2 weeks ago to the VO and maybe in 2 months or so I will do the medical on my own and send it to them so that I can gain at least a few weeks.
Hope this answers your question.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

sjp52 said:
when did they change that you get the medical after the application is sent
It hasn't been changed. For spousal applications, you still do the medical upfront with the application.

visanews

May 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
just goes to show how it can be confusing as to what to do. one form says one thing and another says another. I went ahead and had it done and sent it with the application, hoping it will speed the process at a later stage.

thanks again for yuour advice :)