+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical needed? No restricion listed on visa - am I being too cautious?! help!!

marathongirl

Jul 31, 2015
I've not been able to get a straight answer to this, despite speaking to a CIC call agent, and two immigration consultants, plus a CIC case specific inquiry.

I have a working holiday permit (under the IEC scheme) the only restriction on it is "may not pursue employment in the sex trade" (which I don't intend on doing!)

Previously, I had a study permit, with the restriction of not being able to teach in primary or secondary schools. For whatever reason, I do not have this restriction on my current permit. Which leads me to my question:

I am looking to go into tutoring and am wondering if, because I don't have the restriction, I am able to do so without having to apply to CIC with the up-front medical exam (as tutoring will likely involve teaching children).
I am aware that 'tutor' is a different NOC code than 'teacher', and I would not be working in a primary or secondary school, but it's just the element of teaching children that is making me wonder if I need the medical.
If I send in the form 'application to change conditions" to CIC, then I wouldn't be asking to 'remove' the teaching condition, because it's not on there. So I don't know what to do - should I just leave it?

Any advise anyone could give would be so helpful, as, like I said, I'm really having trouble getting an answer.

Thank you!