+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical Later in Manila?

dan-carol

Sep 8, 2007
Hi,

My wife and I are living in the Philippines. She is going to apply for Canadian PR. We're getting the application and support documents together here. (which is a large task when all the lovely, Filipino bureacracy is taken into account) We were advised by a panel doctor (DMP listed on the CIC web site) that we would be contacted by the embassy in Manila and then instructed to submit my wife's medical at a later date.

The document checklist clearly states to include the medical info; however some discrepancies have been found on the CIC web site that allude to this "wait and we'll contact you" approach.

Can anyone elaborate on what the process, specifically from Manila would be? We have contacted an immigration consultant here and he advises to go to the embassy in person. Of course it's impossible to telephone any inside and ask.

Thanks in advance,

Dan & Carol
Cavite, Philippines

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

dan-carol said:
Hi,

My wife and I are living in the Philippines. She is going to apply for Canadian PR. We're getting the application and support documents together here. (which is a large task when all the lovely, Filipino bureacracy is taken into account) We were advised by a panel doctor (DMP listed on the CIC web site) that we would be contacted by the embassy in Manila and then instructed to submit my wife's medical at a later date.

The document checklist clearly states to include the medical info; however some discrepancies have been found on the CIC web site that allude to this "wait and we'll contact you" approach.

Can anyone elaborate on what the process, specifically from Manila would be? We have contacted an immigration consultant here and he advises to go to the embassy in person. Of course it's impossible to telephone any inside and ask.

Thanks in advance,

Dan & Carol
Cavite, Philippines
Do the medical and submit the receipt upfront with your sponsorship/application to Mississauga

PMM

dan-carol

Sep 8, 2007
Thanks PMM.

Fortunately we have the medical straight now after contacting several DMP's. The form mentioned was not actually a special to be issued by the embassy, but rather Appendix D from the 3905e (Part III) guide. (It's strange how information changes depending on who you are talking to.)

Another question, this time about providing a negative with the photos. Again, what we read seems to disagree with the word on the street. The professional photographer that took the visa photos stated that "no one does negatives for visas anymore" and that they only provide prints from digital camera for visa/passport & ID cards. We canvassed several other photography studios and the mall ones with the same results.

The PDF from CIC, 3906e clearly states in Appendix D (medical stuff) that quote

"(1) Persons living in Bhutan, India, Nepal, Pakistan, the Philippines, Sri Lanka and Vietnam must
provide a negative in addition to the five photos."

You already know that my wife is a citizen of the Philippines and we are "living in" the Philippines.

Is this a relic that hasn't caught up with the digital age? Does any have experience with this, specifically from one of the mentioned countries?

Everything on the photos meets specifications from Appendix C (Photo Specifications), but we have no negative as the photos are done on a digital system.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated as we are trying to get this as "right as possible" the first go. Things take long enough without bob-boos.

Cheers,

Dan & Carol
Philippines