+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical Laboratory Technologist (NOC 3211) Technician (NOC 3212)

POKLINK

Star Member
Aug 6, 2013
I sent an email to wes to change my fsw assessment to ICAP and they sent me a reply saying all fswp files have been converted to
ICAP

JanieMLT

Mar 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/05/13
Hey!!

Ahhhhh still nothing from LVO, anyone heard anything??? Also please can anyone tell me anything about the CSMLS exam as its really hard to get any information...anything would make my day better as currently working while it's lovely and sunny outside!!!

Cheers everyone xx

JanieMLT

Mar 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/05/13
Come on...anyone....any information what so ever????? Any CSMLS news????

:D :D :D :p :p ;D ;D ;D ;D :D :D :eek: :p :p

lukewipy

May 14, 2014
JanieMLT said:
Come on...anyone....any information what so ever????? Any CSMLS news????

:D :D :D :p :p ;D ;D ;D ;D :D :D :eek: :p :p
Hi janie.. I would like to know more about CSMLS, or is it same with ASCPi?

lukewipy

May 14, 2014
I don't have any CSMLS yet, but can we work as a lab assistant/phlebotomist while processing the CSMLS once we arrive in Canada? :(

JanieMLT

Mar 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/05/13
So has anyone got the CSMLS report back yet or sat the exam?? I would really like to discuss this with anyone, either on here or by PM, as I'm intrigued and a little scared about the exam as it sounds hideous!!! I have got my report back from CSMLS and have to do a refresher in Histo but thats it so I'm super happy!!!

Gofame

Oct 16, 2013
JanieMLT said:
So has anyone got the CSMLS report back yet or sat the exam?? I would really like to discuss this with anyone, either on here or by PM, as I'm intrigued and a little scared about the exam as it sounds hideous!!! I have got my report back from CSMLS and have to do a refresher in Histo but thats it so I'm super happy!!!
Hey all!!! how is the PLA going?.....any information for the house please share....

Gofame

Oct 16, 2013
paigey said:
Can I do a PLA without work experience?
I think you need work experience because letter from your employer is a requirement...and at least clinical internship experience is a must....you can get more info from this link: http://www.csmls.org/Certification/Certification-Process/IEMLT.aspx

JanieMLT

Mar 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/05/13
You definately need work experience as that counts for a massive section of the application otherwise you will probably have to go to university as they don;t have on the job trainees like we do in the UK and I was surprised to hear it as I was willing to start all over again just to get a job!!!

So anyone CSMLS exam??? Come on!!!!! In fact any news at all.... :D :D :D :D

PLA done...was a total beast and I have to do a histo refresher course but thats fine as I was expecting it! Just make sure when anyone does the PLA that you have as much evidence to back up your statements as possible, I was really lucky and my seniors were excellent but reading in some areas some techs weren't so lucky!!!

mish

Feb 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
19/08/2014
VISA ISSUED...
Mashallah
LANDED..........
Nov 2014
JanieMLT said:
You definately need work experience as that counts for a massive section of the application otherwise you will probably have to go to university as they don;t have on the job trainees like we do in the UK and I was surprised to hear it as I was willing to start all over again just to get a job!!!

So anyone CSMLS exam??? Come on!!!!! In fact any news at all.... :D :D :D :D

PLA done...was a total beast and I have to do a histo refresher course but thats fine as I was expecting it! Just make sure when anyone does the PLA that you have as much evidence to back up your statements as possible, I was really lucky and my seniors were excellent but reading in some areas some techs weren't so lucky!!!
Please share the PLA Process..........

kabayanko

Aug 14, 2014
paigey said:
Can I do a PLA without work experience?
yes coz you dont have a choice. you need the PLA to assess your eligibility and further requirements. assuming your a med tech, just put your clinical internship training coz thats all you got as of now and will still be considered for evaluation.

JanieMLT

Mar 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/05/13
Hey everyone,

Its been a long time since I've been on here but I thought I'd see if anyone still checks this and how people are getting on with PLA and CSMLS exams etc... I've just sat my exam and results are in the post...its all a bit scary and essential to pass so no pressure there then!!!!!! Anyway good to hear from anyone and hopefully its stories of success xx

rodskikun

Jul 10, 2013
Congratulations for passing MLT. I have forgotten about this post that I started way back. Here are my updates. I already finished my PLA and im planning to write MLT exam this October. I am apprehensive to write it this June as I wanted to make sure i covered all the bases before paying $1000 (yikes!) for the exam. I already passed the MLA (assistant) that I was automatically qualified to write upon my fininshing my PLA.