+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical Laboratory Technologist (NOC 3211) Technician (NOC 3212)

Gofame

Oct 16, 2013
ajdelsocorro said:
what if i apply for the medical technician what are the changes that i should do in my documents? btw im a medical technologist,can i apply for a technician instead to make sure i can reach the cap?

[/

You can ,just consider the main duties

celicakit

Aug 24, 2013
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2013
Doc's Request.
Addt'l Docs: 13-03-2014
AOR Received.
PER: 25-11-2013
Med's Request
13-03-2014
Interview........
None
Hi metabolicum, how many months it took before you got the assessment from PLA? and what kind of reference letter did you submit? Should it be detailed like the number of specimens you encounter each test in a day or week? Please give us an idea on how to comply with the requirements. Thank you :)

Subash

Jun 10, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
25-06-2014
Nomination.....
14-11-2014
File Transfer...
11th March 2015(2nd line on ecas)
Med's Request
28th March 2015
Med's Done....
01,April 2015
Passport Req..
7th May 2015
VISA ISSUED...
17th May 2015
LANDED..........
22-Aug-2015
Hello all of you

My experience best matches to NOC 3212 which was carried out in the past ten years.unfortunately,my diploma related to lab technician is only one year after schooling(11 years of study in total).Besides,I have post graduate degree in sociology gained two years back and have one year experience related to degree.With these details,can I claim points for education that is not related to the occupation?It would be almost impossible for me to reach the required points if my degree is not counted.
I would be pleased to have a reply on this in order to accelerate further processing

t.anacleto

Sep 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-10-2013
Nomination.....
23-12-2013
IELTS Request
Yes
Med's Request
28-01-2014
Med's Done....
03-02-2014
Passport Req..
06-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
18-02-2014
In my opinion you don't need to have your degree in the related noc! You will earn points for your highest education level!

For example....I have a professional degree in Veterinary Medicine but I worked as a tech in a lab during 2 years! So.... I don't have degree in 3211 but in a related profession!

Cheers,

t.anacleto

uote author=Subash link=topic=157050.msg2788113#msg2788113 date=1387476419]
Hello all of you

My experience best matches to NOC 3212 which was carried out in the past ten years.unfortunately,my diploma related to lab technician is only one year after schooling(11 years of study in total).Besides,I have post graduate degree in sociology gained two years back and have one year experience related to degree.With these details,can I claim points for education that is not related to the occupation?It would be almost impossible for me to reach the required points if my degree is not counted.
I would be pleased to have a reply on this in order to accelerate further processing
[/quote]

Subash

Jun 10, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
25-06-2014
Nomination.....
14-11-2014
File Transfer...
11th March 2015(2nd line on ecas)
Med's Request
28th March 2015
Med's Done....
01,April 2015
Passport Req..
7th May 2015
VISA ISSUED...
17th May 2015
LANDED..........
22-Aug-2015
Dear friend,

Thanks for your reply.I have to wait till April 2013 in order to register for General IELTS in my country. Can I submit IELTS result later on after I submit initial application?

Gofame

Oct 16, 2013
Subash said:
Dear friend,

Thanks for your reply.I have to wait till April 2013 in order to register for General IELTS in my country. Can I submit IELTS result later on after I submit initial application?
No your IELTS must go with your application

rodskikun

Jul 10, 2013
I just recently got my PER (Nov 27) and I have been reading about how to get my PLA (Prior Learning Assessment) to be able to write for the CSMLS. I mean its pretty far off, but it would not hurt to take a peek at the long road ahead. This is a thing that might concern a lot of the applicants, the IELTS band required to write the CSMLS is 7.0 in each category. So that basically means most of the prospective MLTs with any score less than 7.0 needs to retake IELTS to become qualified to write the exam. Please share your thoughts on this.

Is it advisable to begin processing my PLA (which costs a whooping $1000) before while waiting for the Medical Request?

I'm think many of us needs to prepare for as much of the needed requirements before setting foot in Canada. Maybe the applicants for FSWP 2013 have some special consideration for fast-tracking the certification process for MLT? I hope i could get more information regarding this issue.

Gofame

Oct 16, 2013
rodskikun said:
I just recently got my PER (Nov 27) and I have been reading about how to get my PLA (Prior Learning Assessment) to be able to write for the CSMLS. I mean its pretty far off, but it would not hurt to take a peek at the long road ahead. This is a thing that might concern a lot of the applicants, the IELTS band required to write the CSMLS is 7.0 in each category. So that basically means most of the prospective MLTs with any score less than 7.0 needs to retake IELTS to become qualified to write the exam. Please share your thoughts on this.

Is it advisable to begin processing my PLA (which costs a whooping $1000) before while waiting for the Medical Request?

I'm think many of us needs to prepare for as much of the needed requirements before setting foot in Canada. Maybe the applicants for FSWP 2013 have some special consideration for fast-tracking the certification process for MLT? I hope i could get more information regarding this issue.
Concerning the IELTS, you wont need to write it if your official language in your country is English and if you got your degree being taught in English

medtechlife

Aug 27, 2013
Manila, Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 27, 2013
Nomination.....
PER Aug 16, 2013
AOR Received.
Add'l Doc Req Jan 07, 2013
IELTS Request
submitted upon application
Med's Request
Jan 27, 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 10, 2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Feb 27, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 14, 2014
LANDED..........
this coming July 2014
Hi Newbie here... im happy to see and I know a lot of applicants under NOC 3211... hopefully we can update our forum regarding our applications. ;D

Hamada abdo

Jan 7, 2014
what if i apply for the medical technician what are the changes that i should do in my documents? btw im a medical technologist,can i apply for a technician instead to make sure i can reach the cap?

[/

Hi every one
I have the same problem.I am technologist and have master degree and already did my assessment in WES but my ielts exam in 18 Jan can I apply if I get the score as medical technician and what change should I do ?
Please replay ;D Gofame if u sure for the answer

Gofame

Oct 16, 2013
Hamada abdo said:

[/

Hi every one
I have the same problem.I am technologist and have master degree and already did my assessment in WES but my ielts exam in 18 Jan can I apply if I get the score as medical technician and what change should I do ?
Please replay ;D Gofame if u sure for the answer
My Candid advice to you Hamada abdo is to apply under the technician noc as the MLT noc is filled already...the most important thing is for your work experience and main duties to corresponds with that of the technician which I think you have since you are a Master degree holder in MLT.So that is my advice to you and act as soon as possible

mish

Feb 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
19/08/2014
VISA ISSUED...
Mashallah
LANDED..........
Nov 2014
Please, I need some information regarding NOC 3212.I am quite confused

1. Medical Lab technician and pathologist assistant are 2 different occupations?
2.Can only Medical technician can apply in this category if he is not a pathologist assistant?

By qualification iam Medical technologist but my experience is as Medical laboratory technician not a pathologist assistant.am i eligible to apply in noc 3212.

Please need help

JanieMLT

Mar 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/05/13
Hey everyone,

I'm a Biomedical scientist in the UK, and desperate to get this visa application going...LVO are really slow!! Has anyone heard anything back yet? There seems to be a trend that some NOCs are getting done quickly but unfortunately that doesn't seem to be the case for us! Anyone got any news back from CSMLS and they as strict as they seem?

Thanks x

DREDOTCOM

Mar 14, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JanieMLT said:
Hey everyone,

I'm a Biomedical scientist in the UK, and desperate to get this visa application going...LVO are really slow!! Has anyone heard anything back yet? There seems to be a trend that some NOCs are getting done quickly but unfortunately that doesn't seem to be the case for us! Anyone got any news back from CSMLS and they as strict as they seem?

Thanks x
Same here in the Philippines.
Application filed: 05-22-13
PER received: 08-12-13
after that, nothing follows.. its so depressing every time I open my ECAS acct-- In Process; We have received your permanent residence application 05-27-13.
i hope everyone will receive their DM as soon as possible..

crystalviolet

Jul 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2013
Nomination.....
08-10-2013
IELTS Request
25-05-2013
LANDED..........
2014!
DREDOTCOM said:
Same here in the Philippines.
Application filed: 05-22-13
PER received: 08-12-13
after that, nothing follows.. its so depressing every time I open my ECAS acct-- In Process; We have received your permanent residence application 05-27-13.
i hope everyone will receive their DM as soon as possible..
please see this link http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/fsw-2013-all-pinoy-applicants-lets-connect-here-t153002.0.html

we have a spreadsheet which will give you an idea of the timeline for filipino 2013 applicants. as of today 4 3211 applicants receive a positive feedback from CEM. one 3211 applicant received her visa already.
here is the link for the spread sheet.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AoU8dkFiCmi9dFgzejlObVBld2t1bDAtWVBvekI3Z2c&usp=sharing#gid=0