+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical just expired, repeat exam?

emile19

Aug 24, 2023
I'm applying for PR and just got notice of being eligible, but I see that my Medical exam from 2022 just expired 3 weeks ago.

Should I go ahead and go get a new exam now or wait to be told to repeat Medical exam?

Thanks for any advice.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I'm applying for PR and just got notice of being eligible, but I see that my Medical exam from 2022 just expired 3 weeks ago.

Should I go ahead and go get a new exam now or wait to be told to repeat Medical exam?

Thanks for any advice.
Is your application family/spousal sponsorship?

Better to wait.

emile19

Aug 24, 2023
Is your application family/spousal sponsorship?

Better to wait.
Spousal sponsorship.

I remember now that after I sent in the application they sent me the list of participating doctors and clinics. So I think its best to wait and see if they want it repeated.

Thanks

Cynth12345

Jan 15, 2022
I am also in same situation , when I checked the ircc website it stated that if were living in canada you are “
In-Canada applicants
We’ve put in place a temporary public policy for immigration medical exams (IMEs) until October 6, 2024.

If you completed an IME within 5 years of submitting your new application, include the IME number (or the unique medical identifier number) from your previous exam in your current application.

You may be exempt from completing another IME if you meet all of these conditions:

• You applied, or are applying, for either permanent residence or temporary residence.
  • You already live in Canada.
  • You completed your previous IME in the last 5 years.
  • Your previous IME indicated a low risk or no risk to public health or public safety.

milon45

Star Member
Jul 10, 2023
I am also in same situation , when I checked the ircc website it stated that if were living in canada you are “
In-Canada applicants
We’ve put in place a temporary public policy for immigration medical exams (IMEs) until October 6, 2024.

If you completed an IME within 5 years of submitting your new application, include the IME number (or the unique medical identifier number) from your previous exam in your current application.

You may be exempt from completing another IME if you meet all of these conditions:

• You applied, or are applying, for either permanent residence or temporary residence.
  • You already live in Canada.
  • You completed your previous IME in the last 5 years.
  • Your previous IME indicated a low risk or no risk to public health or public safety.
Micro-credential courses offer targeted, bite-sized learning experiences that allow individuals to quickly gain specialized skills and knowledge. They provide a flexible way to upskill and stay competitive in today's rapidly changing job market.
If your medical exam for your PR application expired only three weeks ago, it's generally advisable to wait for further instructions from the immigration authorities before getting a new one. Immigration processes often have specific guidelines and timelines for medical exams, and they will inform you if you need to repeat the medical exam as part of your PR application.
In most cases, you should not proactively get a new medical exam without specific instructions from the immigration authorities, as it may not be necessary, and they may have particular panel physicians or procedures they prefer you to follow.
It's always a good idea to follow their guidance closely to ensure that your PR application proceeds smoothly and without any unnecessary delays. If in doubt, you can contact the immigration authorities or consult with an immigration lawyer or consultant for personalized advice regarding your specific situation.