+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical issue

Jan 27, 2015
Hello there,
I would like to ask you about a complex case or might be not complex just rare.
I have just got my visa as Permanent resident under FSWP. When the asked me for medical exam, every thing was ok within normal limits. Two weeks ago I was diagnosed with breast Cancer stage three. It is limited and axilla lemph nodes were involved. I should start treatment process immediately. I should also land in Ontario and as far as I know, medical insurance will be issued three months post landing date. If I land next week, will they delay my treatment process? Will I get insurance? will they receive me in their hospitals? I am in Jordan now and they told me that chemotherapy in Canada is 10 times better than the one they have. What are your thoughts? Any advice? Please help as I really need your urgent response. Thank you very much

WhiteLion85

Sep 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-10-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
I don't know honestly .. شفاك الله و عافاك

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Inshallahkheir said:
Hello there,
I have just got my visa as Permanent resident under FSWP. When the asked me for medical exam, every thing was ok within normal limits. Two weeks ago I was diagnosed with breast Cancer stage three. It is limited and axilla lemph nodes were involved. I should start treatment process immediately. I should also land in Ontario and as far as I know, medical insurance will be issued three months post landing date. If I land next week, will they delay my treatment process? Will I get insurance? will they receive me in their hospitals? I am in Jordan now and they told me that chemotherapy in Canada is 10 times better than the one they have. What are your thoughts? Any advice? Please help as I really need your urgent response. Thank you very much
You won't be covered by OHIP until three months after you have arrived in Canada. You can start the treatment process as soon as you land in Canada, however you will have to pay for everything yourself for the first three months.

Jan 27, 2015
Is it possible that they cancel my visa if they know I have diagnosed with cancer? I was honest with them and after i got my visa i found that i have a cancer. I heard they will cancel my application if they know. Thats really unfair. If i land they will return me and cancel my application. Please help me

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
No - they won't cancel the visa.

zenghi

Oct 29, 2013
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2013
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
-
AOR Received.
-
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
-
Med's Request
-05-01-2015
Med's Done....
-10-01-2015
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
-
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
-
Inshallahkheir said:
Hello there,
First of All, i make dua that Allah (swt) cure you from this.

I heard that Alberta provides medical straightaway. If you can land in Alberta. Also i read in another forum that even though you have to pay the initial medical costs in Ontario, it will be reimbursed to you at a later stage when they approve your medical insurance. Please check before you land.