Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-06-11
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-11
LANDED..........
14-08-11
I'm not sure ours is even in process yet, so we redid it, when they check for the medical results, they will now be valid until the end of April 2012, instead of expiring in May 2011, so I hope that will save us some time. Maybe once its already in process its better to wait, I don't know, but I think for us this was the best choice.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tink23 said:
It's my understanding that when someone needs to REDO the medical that it's possible a different set of forms are sent than the ones that were used initially at the beginning of the application process... I know of someone that went ahead and re-did the medicals (paying all that money) and then had to do them AGAIN because they had to use these special redo medicals forms that were sent a couple of months later.
I would challenge whoever told you this. The PR medical is the SAME. The form does not make the difference, the RESULT does. And if the visa office insisted, I would challenge THEM as the VO or clerk requesting didn't know what they were doing.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MLVill said:
Tink23 is right...
My first medical was april 25,2010 and expired april 2011...
wait for CEM to contact and send you the request to redo ur med..
They will send you different papers or form with ur pictures attached..
Med office (REDO)will ask you the form that embassy sent you...
So better relax n wait for their instruction...
No, they are NOT right. Look, the reasons a visa office will tell you to wait until they request the medical and send you a new form is:

1. They have NOT made a decision on your file yet so they don't know if they want a new medical. It's protocol.
2. If they request a new medical they will put your picture and file number on the form that you give to the doctor. If you do it without their request, you have to send them the new receipt and submit new photos with the medical. It's just a new receipt number they have to look up.

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
Just saying, that's what happened to a friend through the Santo Domingo office. They re-did the medical on their own, then 2 months later had to do the medical again because the office wanted things done in their way. If you have the money and it's not a problem for you to have to redo the medical again (if they ask) then go for it and try to beat them to the punch. If you're trying to save every penny, it's probably better just to wait for them to advise you to get another medical.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tink23 said:
Just saying, that's what happened to a friend through the Santo Domingo office. They re-did the medical on their own, then 2 months later had to do the medical again because the office wanted things done in their way. If you have the money and it's not a problem for you to have to redo the medical again (if they ask) then go for it and try to beat them to the punch. If you're trying to save every penny, it's probably better just to wait for them to advise you to get another medical.
Either that office made a mistake or the applicant didn't get everything completed on the medical or didn't use a DMP. I'm not saying it didn't happen, just that either the office requesting it was wrong or something was not done properly. There is no need of this and it's unfortunate that your friend had to pay for it twice.

MLVill

Sep 9, 2010
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6/3/10
Med's Request
4/18/2011
Med's Done....
4/26/2011
VISA ISSUED...
07/28/2011
LANDED..........
08/08/2011
rjessome said:
No, they are NOT right. Look, the reasons a visa office will tell you to wait until they request the medical and send you a new form is:

1. They have NOT made a decision on your file yet so they don't know if they want a new medical. It's protocol.
2. If they request a new medical they will put your picture and file number on the form that you give to the doctor. If you do it without their request, you have to send them the new receipt and submit new photos with the medical. It's just a new receipt number they have to look up.

thats based on what happened on my side...
They still processing my papers not yet dm so they requested to redo my med with new medical form with my pic no specific med practitioner written..(CEM sent)
definitely..same process as first medical 4pics,valid id and letter sent by cem...

asiddiq

Mar 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul 2010
Doc's Request.
Remed & PCC on 02-08-2011
AOR Received.
Aug 2010
File Transfer...
Aug 2010
Med's Request
02-08-2011 (Remed)
Med's Done....
07-08-2011
Interview........
Interview Waived
Passport Req..
24 Oct 2011, Submitted 30 Oct
Redoing medicals without Immigration mission's advice is not recommended, from my opinion.

Because, decision is not made yet on the case. If interview is required, then redoing medical from applicant's part is not of good use. It's difficult to figure out how long it will take to schedule for your interview.

Some missions, like Singapore, Islamabad, Srilanka and other Offices who takes longer processing time, normally schedule interview in 12 to 24 months. Therefore, redoing medical for these mission are not useful. Should wait for their instruction.

Sometimes, decision is not made even in 12 months based on individual's case. So, medicals got expired. If VO decides for interview, they will not ask for another medical before interview. Positively, asking for redoing medicals without interview is a good sign.

So, my suggestion to all is to wait for their instruction. I am agree with few members here that medical form and procedure is as same as it was done first time. I am also agree that Updated / validated medical result could make Visa office process application faster. But it will help those who are confirmed by Visa mission that their case is finalized okay. Otherwise, how could u be so sure that you would not be called for interview?

Except sending updated supporting documents, applicant should not do anything in advance without mission's advice. Mission officers may not like it that way. They might treat your case with extra interest, means it will take more time.

Just relax. Instead of controlling from applicant's side, let it be on Mission's control. Let them work their way.

Cheers

scos

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2012-08-01
AOR Received.
2012-10-16
Med's Request
2013-05-02
Med's Done....
2013-05-07
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
2013-05-02, In-Process: 2013-06-04, Decision Made: 2013-07-25
VISA ISSUED...
2013-07-30
LANDED..........
2013-08-18
I haven't even submitted my app yet but the medical will expire shortly after I do. I'm wondering if I should just hand this one in or wait for a new one. I was told before you can't get a new medical while you have a valid one so I would have to wait almost 2 months before I can get a new medical and that means holding off submitting for that time. I would rather get the application in now since the processing times seem to be going up.

So is it true that you can't get retested while you have one that is still valid? It seems like an odd rule but CIC seems full of odd rules. And if it is true, should I just submit what I have and wait for them to ask for a retest?

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
scos said:
I haven't even submitted my app yet but the medical will expire shortly after I do. I'm wondering if I should just hand this one in or wait for a new one. I was told before you can't get a new medical while you have a valid one so I would have to wait almost 2 months before I can get a new medical and that means holding off submitting for that time. I would rather get the application in now since the processing times seem to be going up.

So is it true that you can't get retested while you have one that is still valid? It seems like an odd rule but CIC seems full of odd rules. And if it is true, should I just submit what I have and wait for them to ask for a retest?
You haven't even submitted your package yet, so it would be in your best interest to get a new medical NOW. Your medical expires in 2 months. You won't even be approved as sponsor before the medical expires, so get one done now before u submit the package and put in the new receipt with your package. If u feel it necessary u can explain that u had one done a year ago, so did this one since u had yet to even submit your package. Why waste the time later when u can do it now and have everything ready for them rather than knowing down the line u will have to do it again?

steph816

Star Member
Dec 21, 2009
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2011
AOR Received.
01-06-2011
File Transfer...
13-06-2011 VO began processing 06-10-2011
Med's Request
10-01-2012
Med's Done....
22-01-2011, 27-02-2012
Interview........
23-05-2012
Passport Req..
19-06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
06-07-2012
LANDED..........
20-07-2012
Hey my husband had to redo his meds as well, they emailed him a PDF of the section A form, looked like they scanned his photo on to the form and typed in his details...name, DOB, address etc... And there's a stamp over top of part of his photo ... Says Pretoria and has the date it was stamped.
It says IMM1017 on the bottom of the form.
Then they listed the doctors he could go to in Southen Africa.....and also instructions on what to get done etc...same stuff basically that is online.

I wouldn't wait until they send you this info, just go get a new med done, And provide your VO with the DHL tracking number if they ask for it, as well as the reference number the Dr gives you. We knew we needed a new med done but it still took them 3 months to send us this letter and the section A form to bring to the Dr. It took London 3 weeks to process the medical file.
Hope that helps!! :)

Now having said all that....I COULD see how they might tell you to redo them again AFTER they actually ask you for them as you re-doing the medicals yourself isn't really "on their terms". If money isn't a problem for you and you are ok with maybe having to pay for the medicals a 3rd time, then just go and do it. If it works, you will shave at least 2 months off your wait time....

scos

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2012-08-01
AOR Received.
2012-10-16
Med's Request
2013-05-02
Med's Done....
2013-05-07
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
2013-05-02, In-Process: 2013-06-04, Decision Made: 2013-07-25
VISA ISSUED...
2013-07-30
LANDED..........
2013-08-18
I finally managed to get through to CIC by phone. I asked about the medical as it would be valid at the time of submission but expired at the time it was actually processed. The rep said to go ahead and use it. She said as long as it is valid when they receive it they will take it. If they need a retest they will request one but there is a good chance they won't.

It was a very pleasant surprise. I wonder if that has to do with the extension of the time past expiry that was mentioned in another thread. Whatever the reason it is one less thing to worry about.