+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical Insurance from Sri Lanka

ShanayaK

Nov 24, 2019
Hi,
I'm applying from Sri Lanka. Is it necessary to get a Medical insurance when applying for the student visa? There's no requirement in the check list as such. But some agents require us to submit the medical insurance.

ShanayaK

Nov 24, 2019
Sure. So there's no need of medical insurance as well as tentative bookings for air tickets. Thank u for the clarification

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Sure. So there's no need of medical insurance as well as tentative bookings for air tickets. Thank u for the clarification
you can specify that you will take out medical insurance until school starts but that is not really that important when it comes to getting approved for a study permit.

Reactions: ShanayaK

ShanayaK

Nov 24, 2019
you can specify that you will take out medical insurance until school starts but that is not really that important when it comes to getting approved for a study permit.
In the LOA they ask to submit insurance when joining the university. Should I be specifying about getting the insurance when school starts in my SOP? Or can I just not mention at all since its not a mandatory requirement in the visa application.