+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical Insurance for visiting visa

ady555

Jan 28, 2014
Hi,
I want to know if i need to take medical insurance for my mom who has 10 yrs multiple entry visa to canada and now currently she is in canada i am applying for her extension for a year in canada

my questions :

do i need a medical insurance for a one whole year to be taken when submitting the application for extension

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,
I want to know if i need to take medical insurance for my mom who has 10 yrs multiple entry visa to canada and now currently she is in canada i am applying for her extension for a year in canada

my questions :

do i need a medical insurance for a one whole year to be taken when submitting the application for extension
It's not mandatory for TRV entries nor extensions. That said, it is a wise idea to have medical insurance

ady555

Jan 28, 2014
thanks for the response

I have added question my mother has a 10 yrs multiple entry visa she landed in canada on 2018 sept 21 i wouild like her to stay with me as i am the only child i am also tying to sponsor her immigration process and trying for invite as on jan 28-2019

my question

1-do i need to apply for her super visa or can i just apply for extension only ?

please clarify

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I have added question my mother has a 10 yrs multiple entry visa she landed in canada on 2018 sept 21 i wouild like her to stay with me as i am the only child i am also tying to sponsor her immigration process and trying for invite as on jan 28-2019
If you are invited to apply for PGP, she can continue to stay by extending her TRV status. Dual intent is allowed. Otherwise at some point in time, she would need to return to her home country and remain there for several months/a year.

my question

1-do i need to apply for her super visa or can i just apply for extension only ?

please clarify
She can only apply to extend her status. Super visa must be applied to a visa office outside of Canada