+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical Insurance for International Students?

dxtni

Star Member
Apr 11, 2023
Do I need a Medical Insurance when immigrating to Canada? I'm planning on staying in BC and do I need a Medical Insurance when travelling??

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Do I need a Medical Insurance when immigrating to Canada? I'm planning on staying in BC and do I need a Medical Insurance when travelling??
You are not immigrating to Canada. You are in Canada temporarily. Look at the BC government site and the monthly premiums you must pay as a student for healthcare.

dxtni

Star Member
Apr 11, 2023
You are not immigrating to Canada. You are in Canada temporarily. Look at the BC government site and the monthly premiums you must pay as a student for healthcare.
It says I must get an Insurance after I arrive. But my question is, Is it really necessary to have a Medical Insurance when travelling? Like will the CBSA officer ask me for one?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
It says I must get an Insurance after I arrive. But my question is, Is it really necessary to have a Medical Insurance when travelling? Like will the CBSA officer ask me for one?
Why not be covered for a few weeks as it will not cost that much? I never travel without insurance. You would not want to have something happen before provincial coverage begins and be without and have to pay out of pocket.