+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical inadmissibility rules changes

Sharonjuly83

Jan 6, 2019
Dear Leaders,
Happy New year to you

I need your urgent help in understanding about medical inadmissibility. My husband had gone through colon cancer two years back. As of now he is absolutely fine and all his reports reflect the same. We got the medical test done wherein the panel physician asked us to get a letter from his oncologist including details like survival rate, stage and current treatment, if any. The doctor mentioned 80-85% survival, stage I and the 12 chemo given in 2016. He also mentioned that my husband is in complete remission since then.

Our medical is not cleared yet neither have we received any further requests from IRCC. We filed for express entry and PR on 5th Dec. We are worried about the time being taken in this process. Should we prepare any fairness document or get any other tests done.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Dear Leaders,
Happy New year to you

I need your urgent help in understanding about medical inadmissibility. My husband had gone through colon cancer two years back. As of now he is absolutely fine and all his reports reflect the same. We got the medical test done wherein the panel physician asked us to get a letter from his oncologist including details like survival rate, stage and current treatment, if any. The doctor mentioned 80-85% survival, stage I and the 12 chemo given in 2016. He also mentioned that my husband is in complete remission since then.

Our medical is not cleared yet neither have we received any further requests from IRCC. We filed for express entry and PR on 5th Dec. We are worried about the time being taken in this process. Should we prepare any fairness document or get any other tests done.
You'll have to wait and see. The chances are relatively good but there is likely concern of reoccurrences or genetic predisposition given colon cancer at relatively young age. Are you currently in Canada?

Last edited:

Alexbat

Jan 12, 2019
[QUOTE = "Outworld, post: 6915748, miembro: 707023"] Chicos, mi condición es que soy VIH positivo y que se encontró positivo desde septiembre de 2017.
Me han puesto antirretrovirales desde entonces.
Todos mis trabajos de sangre fueron excelentes. Mi nivel de CD4 era 454 (que es bastante alto gracias a Dios) y carga viral 60000 (que no es alta).
Mi salud en general está bien. No desarrollé efectos secundarios relacionados con los medicamentos y mi análisis de sangre siempre arroja buenos resultados. La radiografía no mostró tuberculosis. Hep B HepC son negativos como sífilis y otras ETS también. En estos días, soy elegible para el análisis de carga viral y estoy seguro de que soy indetectable. Tuve una consulta con un abogado canadiense que me dijo que el costo de mi tratamiento de acuerdo con el formulario de BC es 7700CAD.
¿Debo tomar el informe del centro anti AIds que ofrece tratamiento y análisis para llevarlo al médico del panel? ¿Puede el médico del panel usar la referencia de acuerdo con ese informe o él preparará su propio informe para mi condición?
¿Alguien puede explicar los procedimientos del examen médico? Como cómo se realiza con una condición médica preexistente. [/ QUOTE]
@Outworld
Hola espero estes bien, me gustaria saber como va tu proceso estoy en las mismas condiciones que tu y estoy muy preocupado de que sea inadmisible por mi condición. Gracias.

Alexbat

Jan 12, 2019
Hello to everyone I am a 34 year old man I am vih + with undetectable viral load and normal CD4, I have been using medicine for 7 years, I am a doctor in my country and I would like your contributions I want to emigrate to Canada I have a tourist visa What is this? What should I do? Thank you

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello to everyone I am a 34 year old man I am vih + with undetectable viral load and normal CD4, I have been using medicine for 7 years, I am a doctor in my country and I would like your contributions I want to emigrate to Canada I have a tourist visa What is this? What should I do? Thank you
You should first realize that you won't be able to practice medicine. It is incredibly difficult to become a doctor if you are foreign trained in Canada. Tourist visas just allow you to visit for a limited time.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada.html

Reactions: Alexbat

jbhkaur

Aug 2, 2015
Hi,

Sorry for lengthy post
Please give your opinion on our case.

Parents sponsorship case 2017. Parents here in Canada since 2017 December on visitor visa. Initially parents came in 2016 and went back in 2017 after their super visa expired. Parents had to undergo medical at that time.

Then 2017 parents came back on visitor visa.

Applied for visitor extension in May 2018 and did upfront medical. Then we got medical request for permanent residence application and we informed cic parents already had medical done.

Then we got two medical furtherance requests to repeat tests and every time results came back better than before.

But all of sudden we got procedural fairness letter for medical admissibility but the ime number they mentioned is the one from visitor extension, not for recent medical. Of note, results much better in recent medical.

Now also we got medical surveillance notice to go for follow up for my dad.

Anyone any idea as to what’s happening with our case.

Thanks for replying in advance

Last edited:

jbhkaur

Aug 2, 2015
Hi.. I'm not sure what the medical condition is so I can't comment on that. But as per new rules over a period of 5 years the quota is approx 99K, which makes it almost neglible for people to get refusals based on medical grounds. My mom's medical was under review for 4 months and a few days and then she passed her medical just few days ago. Her treatment for cancer is still going on and she has a treatment plan for next few years. We calculated the cost and for the first and second year it was exceeding way beyond the 20k limit(one year limit). But over a period of 5 years it was less than 99k. Keep faith everything will happen for the best. Sending you good wishes and prayers <3
Hi,

Can you please explain about 99k, is it the amount for your case or less than 99k is what it should be to get approved. In our case cic estimated cost of 75k over five years. Please reply as it might help us because we are in process of replying to procedural fairness letter

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

Can you please explain about 99k, is it the amount for your case or less than 99k is what it should be to get approved. In our case cic estimated cost of 75k over five years. Please reply as it might help us because we are in process of replying to procedural fairness letter
When did they give you the estimate of 77k ver 5 years? If I remember corrected your father has an extremely high chance of ending up on dialysis which would put him over the limit in one year.

hopefulcan

Jul 25, 2018
Hi everyone! Hoping someone can help.

During upfront medical exam, the panel physician asked for old medical records related to a minor surgery (catheter ablation) I had earlier. Since I did not have it then, I was asked to send it over so they could submit it with my results. But I couldn’t get the records in time (request is still pending with hospital where I had surgery) so they went ahead and submitted my results. What should I do now?

My application deadline is in Feb.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi everyone! Hoping someone can help.

During upfront medical exam, the panel physician asked for old medical records related to a minor surgery (catheter ablation) I had earlier. Since I did not have it then, I was asked to send it over so they could submit it with my results. But I couldn’t get the records in time (request is still pending with hospital where I had surgery) so they went ahead and submitted my results. What should I do now?

My application deadline is in Feb.
Have you sent in a webform asking for more time because you are waiting for hospital results?

Reactions: hopefulcan

hopefulcan

Jul 25, 2018
Have you sent in a webform asking for more time because you are waiting for hospital results?
Not yet as I still have time. My main issue right now is that the panel physician has submitted my medical results without attaching my old medical records. Will it be fine if I attach them when I submit my eAPR? Also thinking of submitting post-op ECG report and maybe a note from my physician in case there is a delay in getting the records. Is that a good idea?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Not yet as I still have time. My main issue right now is that the panel physician has submitted my medical results without attaching my old medical records. Will it be fine if I attach them when I submit my eAPR? Also thinking of submitting post-op ECG report and maybe a note from my physician in case there is a delay in getting the records. Is that a good idea?
Hard to comment becauseI on't know your health history but any relevant information is likely to be helpful.

Reactions: hopefulcan

SGN

Star Member
Dec 4, 2018
Canada
This forum is amazing and with such inspirational people, hats off to all you brave fighters and family.... and a loud shout out to all you kind all for all the helpful responses.

I too have a query and would appreciate it greatly if anyone could help me with it.

AOR: 17th Jan, Medicals done on 9th Jan, Random Sugar shows 258, Diabetes, I wasn't even aware of it before, no visible symptoms etc. The doctor assured it wont affect my application as all. I am unclear about the annual expenses a diabetic faces in Canada. I have no other health issues and this came as a shock.

Any comments on this would help me greatly, thank you all in advance.