+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical inadmissibility - Crohn's Disease

Apatchi

Feb 14, 2020
Dears,
Good day,
I've read many posts before writing my own. I have submitted my EE application in May 2019. Because I haven't heard from CIC for quite some time, I ordered GCMS notes in which I found fhe medical status says:" Ready to be assessed", and in the description, it says " Candidate has a condition which might reasonably be expected to cause excessive demand on health or social services to such extent that the candidate is inadmissible under section 38 -1- C"

After having a surgery in 2016, I have been put on biologics ( biologics ) for 1 year and I have been in a remission since then without the need for medication

My question is: should I expect a Procedural Fairness Letter ? Especially that I have passed eligibility, criminality, and security

So, for people who took biologics at some point, do you always get asked for this letter ? And what are the chances of passing the step of the mitigation plan if using a lawyer like Bellissimo?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Dears,
Good day,
I've read many posts before writing my own. I have submitted my EE application in May 2019. Because I haven't heard from CIC for quite some time, I ordered GCMS notes in which I found fhe medical status says:" Ready to be assessed", and in the description, it says " Candidate has a condition which might reasonably be expected to cause excessive demand on health or social services to such extent that the candidate is inadmissible under section 38 -1- C"

After having a surgery in 2016, I have been put on biologics ( biologics ) for 1 year and I have been in a remission since then without the need for medication

My question is: should I expect a Procedural Fairness Letter ? Especially that I have passed eligibility, criminality, and security

So, for people who took biologics at some point, do you always get asked for this letter ? And what are the chances of passing the step of the mitigation plan if using a lawyer like Bellissimo?
Yes - you should be expecting a PFL letter. Yes - you always get this letter if IRCC plans to refuse you due to excessive demand.

There are really no statistics avaialble regarding what the chances are of being approved if you use a lawyer. It's not about whether you have a lawyer or not - but rather if you can convince IRCC that you won't cause excessive demand.

Good luck.

pavan23

Nov 18, 2014
Hi,
I was in a similar situation, However, did not receive any PFL. Was on Biologics(Humira) for chrons and our application got approved on the 13th month.
If you need a lawyer you can contact Battista migration law group , they are specialized in Medical inadmissablily issues.

Reactions: Apatchi and scylla

Apatchi

Feb 14, 2020
Hi,
I was in a similar situation, However, did not receive any PFL. Was on Biologics(Humira) for chrons and our application got approved on the 13th month.
If you need a lawyer you can contact Battista migration law group , they are specialized in Medical inadmissablily issues.
So, why did they take all this time ?
I have already passed eligibility, criminality, and security. Do you think I should expect any action within a month from now?

pavan23

Nov 18, 2014
Yeah even our took the same amount of time. They have certain levels of approvals when it comes to medicals where the demand is high. So most probably your file might be under review for medicals.

Reactions: Apatchi

Iezspice

Star Member
Apr 12, 2019
Hi,
Need your guidance, pls chk inbox

Vahids

Jun 24, 2021
Hello everyone,

I have applied for PR through the new TR to PR stream and my wife is the main applicant. I have been diagnosed with Crohn's disease two years ago, a month before coming to Canada. I took Mezavant for a year and I was in remission but since my flare-ups got back my doctor prescribed Imuran which had worked for 4 months but lately again flare-ups are active.
It is eating me up whether my situation is medically inadmissible or not. I am on cheap medication. Does anyone know if new biosimilars made the cost of Crohn's treatment cheaper that overcomes the excessive demand for healthcare?

padamyonjan

Jul 16, 2022
Hello everyone,

I have applied for PR through the new TR to PR stream and my wife is the main applicant. I have been diagnosed with Crohn's disease two years ago, a month before coming to Canada. I took Mezavant for a year and I was in remission but since my flare-ups got back my doctor prescribed Imuran which had worked for 4 months but lately again flare-ups are active.
It is eating me up whether my situation is medically inadmissible or not. I am on cheap medication. Does anyone know if new biosimilars made the cost of Crohn's treatment cheaper that overcomes the excessive demand for healthcare?
Hey,
I have a same condition as yours. Did you pass your medical?

padamyonjan

Jul 16, 2022
Did you give medical exam? My friends who applied Tr to Pr, they didn't give medical exam, IRCC used the old medical.