+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical Inadmissability

mb1992

Aug 4, 2019
Hello,

I hope this is the right place to post this. I have been looking into this for weeks but haven't got very far with this specific problem. (a future hip operation)

I would like to sponsor my mother to come to Canada on a Parents and Grandparents visa in the future and am thinking about how I will do this.

She is due two hip operations in the future, currently she can't get them done as the doctors say she is only a moderate case and she would need to be more severe to get it on the NHS. Because the pain comes and goes, it's hard to predict when this could be. She's currently mobile and the pain is the main concern rather than mobility.

If she could not get the operations done before the time came that I was to sponsor her, would they class her as medically inadmissible? She can walk perfectly fine but get pain now and again.

If anyone has had an outcome (positive or negative) related to hip trouble I would be really interested to know what happened.

Thanks in advance.

DimT44

Apr 5, 2021
Hello,

I hope this is the right place to post this. I have been looking into this for weeks but haven't got very far with this specific problem. (a future hip operation)

I would like to sponsor my mother to come to Canada on a Parents and Grandparents visa in the future and am thinking about how I will do this.

She is due two hip operations in the future, currently she can't get them done as the doctors say she is only a moderate case and she would need to be more severe to get it on the NHS. Because the pain comes and goes, it's hard to predict when this could be. She's currently mobile and the pain is the main concern rather than mobility.

If she could not get the operations done before the time came that I was to sponsor her, would they class her as medically inadmissible? She can walk perfectly fine but get pain now and again.

If anyone has had an outcome (positive or negative) related to hip trouble I would be really interested to know what happened.

Thanks in advance.
There is a limit to what is categorised as excessive demand. It is $108,990 over 5 years (or $21,798 per year). This amount is subject to change in future years, so it's hard to tell. Your best option is to find out the cost of this operation and compare it to the number above.

When you apply you will find out once she does the medical exam, if you receive a procedural fairness letter then panel physicians will determine if its excessive or not. There's a procedure to this and you have a chance of responding to IRCC's PFL. See link below. Does that help?

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/inadmissibility/reasons/medical-inadmissibility.html

mb1992

Aug 4, 2019
Hello,

Thanks a lot for your quick and helpful reply,

I have one more question, do you know if the need to have the operations would class as what it says in the quote marks below?

"The health or social services needed to treat your health condition would negatively affect wait times for services in Canada"

Or would that count for something where a medical condition that required ongoing treatment opposed to a one off operation?

Thank you.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Just want you to be aware that PGP sponsorship is still on a lottery system. So you really do not know or cannot plan exactly when you can sponsor your parents.

You may want to take that into consideration when thinking about medical treatment. Talk to doctors and find out what is the best for her.

Reactions: mb1992

mb1992

Aug 4, 2019
Just want you to be aware that PGP sponsorship is still on a lottery system. So you really do not know or cannot plan exactly when you can sponsor your parents.

You may want to take that into consideration when thinking about medical treatment. Talk to doctors and find out what is the best for her.
Thanks, I'm aware about the lottery system. In regards to medical treatment, it would just be when it's right for her to have it (which would be deemed by the NHS, unless we went private to get it sooner)

Reactions: YVR123