+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical History: Am I eligible? Please help

anjan78

Apr 6, 2019
Hi all,
I am a 33 years old guy and I am hoping to apply for Canadian Permanent Residency. I have one question though.
I have Ankylosing Spondylitis for last 12 years and currently, I am taking tablets daily and doing exercise. So the disease is under my control.
My question is: whether my disease is going to be an obstacle while applying for Canadian immigration?
Please help me with your honest replies...thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes it could but nobody can say for sure. Alkylating spondilosis has a high level of permanent disability and the treatment course usually involves biologicals which are extremely expensive.

Reactions: zardoz

SheriffWho

Jul 3, 2017
Their panel does not ask about Ankylosing Spondylitis. Nor does it ask open-ended questions like "what conditions do you have?"

In other words... will stressing out about it help?

So, relax and go for it. :)

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Their panel does not ask about Ankylosing Spondylitis. Nor does it ask open-ended questions like "what conditions do you have?"

Actually, if I remember my medical correctly, they do ask, via a questionnaire, what conditions you have.

https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/department/partner/pp/pdf/imm5419e.pdf - Questions 3 and 37.

Please do your homework before responding.

Last edited:

SheriffWho

Jul 3, 2017
Perhaps I’m mistaken. I did this last month and My questionnaire was different. It was a series of yes/no questions. The only open ended question was about current prescriptions and past surgeries.

Apologies if I got something wrong. I’m only sharing from my own recent experience.

Peace.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Not declaring that you have a serious condition would be misrepresentation.