+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical grounds refusal?

Jul 24, 2020
Hi Seniors,

I have applied for my parents for sponsorship. They have performed their medical exam but their blood pressure was quite high in the 150 range. Could you please let me know potentially what are the next steps? One of my parents also have diabetes but it is stable with medications, they are already taken medications for high blood pressure. Could this be grounds for refusal?

Reading on the forum, I believe they might ask for additional tests rather than refusal? If so, what tests can I expect? Also - it seems that some members received Procedural Fairness Letter? If so, is there any recommendations for Lawyers in Ontario to help respond to this letter? Does this process drag on for a lot? I have heard that usually Lawyers are able to win the case. If anyone can share tested out recommendations - I would really appreciate it. Also, is there an approximate range that lawyers charge for this response (just to prepare myself financially).

I have been trying to bring my parents to Canada for over 7 years now. I am really worried that the medical reason might not allow this to happen now. If they were to be refused, would that mean that I couldn't apply for them a visit visa as well?

Thank you