+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical furtherance 3 years ago. Will it affect our PR timelines?

jrs_mumbai

May 19, 2011
Hi Friends,

My situation:

My spouse was detected with a scar on the chest x-ray during the processing of her dependant visa 3 years ago. So we received the additional medical tests request and had to submit the reports after like 9 months. Later after submitting the reports, She was issued the visa and she landed in Canada (2.5 years ago). After that, her visa and work permit was renewed for like 3 times without any problems.

Now, we have applied for a PR and are waiting. Will the issue that we had like 2.5 years ago, will affect our PR application or our time lines?

Mia A S

Star Member
Oct 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2013
Med's Request
29-06-2013
Med's Done....
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
soon...sana with my family
jrs_mumbai said:
Hi Friends,

My situation:

My spouse was detected with a scar on the chest x-ray during the processing of her dependant visa 3 years ago. So we received the additional medical tests request and had to submit the reports after like 9 months. Later after submitting the reports, She was issued the visa and she landed in Canada (2.5 years ago). After that, her visa and work permit was renewed for like 3 times without any problems.

Now, we have applied for a PR and are waiting. Will the issue that we had like 2.5 years ago, will affect our PR application or our time lines?
No, I don't think so. But, I am sure they will ask for further tests. =)

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm assuming it was inactive TB or something?

If she was given the clear and has had no subsequent medical issue as a result of the scarring, it wont be an issue.

yahoo7

Champion Member
Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jrs_mumbai said:
Hi Friends,

My situation:

My spouse was in the exact same situation and there were no further medical tests requested by CIC as part of the PR processing. I can confidently tell you to sit and relax :)

upwardspiral

Star Member
Nov 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-01-2013
AOR Received.
27-02-2013
Med's Request
03-12-2013
Med's Done....
17-12-2013
Passport Req..
23-12-2013
What if they find a scar if I'm currently in Canada waiting for the PR?
I'm worried because I had a chest sports injury two years ago and that could be a false positive.