Med's Done....
May 4 and May 18, 2011
Passport Req..
March 28 but sent on May 26, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
June 05, 2011
LANDED..........
July 12, 2011
I am in the process of sponsoring my orphaned niece and nephew. I received an email from immigration at the end of the month informing me that they will be sending medical instructions shortly. I have received a copy of the letter here in Canada early this week. Unfortunately, my relatives have not received the letter from Uganda.

As part of plan B due to reliability of the post system in my country, I am seeking advise on how to proceed with medical examinations for my relatives without the information from Nairobi. If I printed off Appendix C and took it to the doctors, will the doctor have the other required documents. We are running out of time, as the VO gave us 60 days from the date of the letter and as I write 2 weeks are gone.

Any advise will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Lena

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Could you send the copy of the letter you got by courier to your relatives?
Or ask the embassy to send a copy by email?

Alice100

Star Member
Aug 23, 2009
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi Office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 08, 2009
Doc's Request.
Sept 2009 and March 28, 2011
AOR Received.
Nov 2009
File Transfer...
Sept 2009
Med's Request
March 28, 2011
Med's Done....
May 4 and May 18, 2011
Passport Req..
March 28 but sent on May 26, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
June 05, 2011
LANDED..........
July 12, 2011
Hi Canadian woman,

Thanks for your response. I have sent the letter to my relatives my email, but the letter specifically stated that medical instructions enclosed. That is what we are missing. Nairobi only sent a copy of the letter to me not the required forms. I am not sure if it is advisable to print off appendix C and walk into the doctor's office with the assumption that the doctor will have the required documents. I read somewhere that different categories require different medical forms and scared that if we use the incorrect forms, immigration will not accept the medicals.

Lena

randomcan

Jun 11, 2011
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2010
Alice100 said:
Hi Canadian woman,

Thanks for your response. I have sent the letter to my relatives my email, but the letter specifically stated that medical instructions enclosed. That is what we are missing. Nairobi only sent a copy of the letter to me not the required forms. I am not sure if it is advisable to print off appendix C and walk into the doctor's office with the assumption that the doctor will have the required documents. I read somewhere that different categories require different medical forms and scared that if we use the incorrect forms, immigration will not accept the medicals.

Lena
Hi Lena,

My parents are in the process of sponsoring 3 of their orphan nieces from Cambodia. I'm completing all the paperwork for them since they know very little English. I believe I made a mistake in the initial Application to Sponsor and Undertaking because after we sent off the niece's Application for Permanent Resident, the niece was told she required a home study, needed approval from a Canadian ministry, as well as Cambodian ministry, and an adoption certificate.

Did you have to do any of these steps in your process to sponsor your niece over? I'm trying to rectify the problem, but I'm not sure what to do at this point. If you don't mind can you share the steps of the sponsorship process for you so far?