+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical for spouse with recently diagnosed early stage breast cancer under treatment (inland applicant)

rockymaverick

Apr 6, 2021
We are inland applicants for AINP/PNP. Just at the same time we received the medical request, my wife was being investigated for breast cancer (routine mammogram leading to a biopsy request). We had to go for the medical during the same week she had a biopsy so we disclosed the mammogram report and the biopsy request.

Later on, the biopsy report confirmed early-stage IDC (a form of breast cancer) and she has already been booked for a Lumpectomy (removal of specific breast tissue) which is expected to happen next week. Meanwhile, we received the request for further information on the medical (as expected) which we plan to report back now via the panel physician.

My question is whether anyone had to deal with a similar situation during their PR process and given that the cancer is already being treated and has 99% rate of survival in 5 years (as per the doctor) what are the chances that medical will fail and PR application will be rejected. Obviously, the most important concern for us for now is full recovery but would like to understand the consequences for the PR application to mentally prepare ourselves.

Thanks for sharing your experience/suggestions.

Best regards

Keepsthefaith

Sep 17, 2014
We are inland applicants for AINP/PNP. Just at the same time we received the medical request, my wife was being investigated for breast cancer (routine mammogram leading to a biopsy request). We had to go for the medical during the same week she had a biopsy so we disclosed the mammogram report and the biopsy request.

Later on, the biopsy report confirmed early-stage IDC (a form of breast cancer) and she has already been booked for a Lumpectomy (removal of specific breast tissue) which is expected to happen next week. Meanwhile, we received the request for further information on the medical (as expected) which we plan to report back now via the panel physician.

My question is whether anyone had to deal with a similar situation during their PR process and given that the cancer is already being treated and has 99% rate of survival in 5 years (as per the doctor) what are the chances that medical will fail and PR application will be rejected. Obviously, the most important concern for us for now is full recovery but would like to understand the consequences for the PR application to mentally prepare ourselves.

Thanks for sharing your experience/suggestions.

Best regards

Hi @rockymaverick I know this was an old post from last year... and praying for your wife speedy recovery.
I was just wondering what happened to your wife's medical, did she passed? I applied my Mom's Super Visa and prior to submitting the application, my Mom noticed a lump on her breast and Doctor did a mammogram and later requested for a biopsy and while waiting for a result I submitted my mom's Super Visa application because it's 100% complete. The biopsy result came and it's a confirmed case of cancer so the Doctor requested to have a mastectomy operation for my Mom and 1 week before the operation IRCC requested for a medical examination. My mom's surgery (thankfully) was successful and currently recuperating from it. Now, I am just worried that her situation would prevent her in having her medical pass. Any advice and insights from you would greatly appreciated..

Thank you

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi @rockymaverick I know this was an old post from last year... and praying for your wife speedy recovery.
I was just wondering what happened to your wife's medical, did she passed? I applied my Mom's Super Visa and prior to submitting the application, my Mom noticed a lump on her breast and Doctor did a mammogram and later requested for a biopsy and while waiting for a result I submitted my mom's Super Visa application because it's 100% complete. The biopsy result came and it's a confirmed case of cancer so the Doctor requested to have a mastectomy operation for my Mom and 1 week before the operation IRCC requested for a medical examination. My mom's surgery (thankfully) was successful and currently recuperating from it. Now, I am just worried that her situation would prevent her in having her medical pass. Any advice and insights from you would greatly appreciated..

Thank you
Will partially depend whether further treatment like chemotherapy or radiation will be necessary. Even after a mastectomy you may require some radiation to ensure any potential cancer cells are not left behind somewhere. Tough to say whether your mother will have full pathology report and full plan for after mastectomy for IRCC to make a decision. Would be ready to send in further information Boucher treatment plan if you get it after her medical.

usqwe

Feb 10, 2022
I hope that you are alright now… It is always sad to hear that someone has cancer, which makes me feel really powerless.
I want to help these people so much, but I cannot, making me feel sad. I know that it is not about me, and I should care about those people more than I care about myself.
I talk to my family to get checked every year and encourage all of my friends to do so. I also do that myself to give them a positive example. I hope I will not get any news that I have a https://models.crownbio.com/models/b16-f10/ somewhere in my body, but you never know. It is not possible to be ready for such a thing.

Downtown_YYZ Guy

Star Member
Sep 22, 2022

Thank you
Sir/Madam I hope your mother is doing well. Did you get any updates on her visa ? My dad had radiation for cancer but is alright now

Didzsam

Star Member
May 23, 2019
Hi All, My father did an upfront medical for Super visa and he was a Cancer patient for the last 9 years (Multiple Myeloma). IRCC requested us an Oncology report that we need to submit soon. I am worried that he will fail the medical due to the excessive demand for health and services as he is currently taking medicine. I am not sure how the docter will give the report.

I am applying for super visa because I already applied for a visitor visa and got rejected once. Therefore I think this is my last chance to bring my father to Canada at least for a couple of months.