+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical for pregnant lady

sanjeevindia

Jul 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
one of my friend is expecting his medicals soon. however his wife is pregnant and they expecting baby in the month of october. we know that her medical will be conducted only after delivery. can anyone tell 4 how much time they will have to wait for medicals after delivery? if u can tell about time frame separetly for normal delivery and cesarean that will we really helpful. anyone?

thayyib

Star Member
Jan 23, 2009
Does anyone informed you that medicals will be done after delivery only. I doubt it. She can do it if she is capable n comfortable to visit the clinic and Dr. will recommend what are the tests to be done depending upon that situation. I suppose only X-ray wont be taken during pregnancy and all other tests can be done. My wife took medicals for UK visa when she was pregnant and they asked here not to go for X-ray and they did the rest.

harryk

Star Member
Apr 29, 2009
India
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sanjeevindia, thanks for starting this topic. it sure is a very useful post. regards, harryk.

maple

Jan 24, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 feb 2008
AOR Received.
july 2008
Med's Request
28 march 2009
Med's Done....
april 2009
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
29 / 07/ 2010
VISA ISSUED...
03 /Aug/ 2010
LANDED..........
landed on 5th Aug 2010
I can not see why it is a common notion that the x ray can not be taken during pregnancy.
I myself asked a number of doctors regarding this issue, and I am in Canada, some Canadian clinics do the x ray for the immigration test even for pregnant women provided they are wearing abdominal shielding , that is what I did myself. I did not delay my medical "after consulting a number of doctors in Canada and they all said that the radiation of the chest x ray is very small and of no risk to the fetus as long as the mother is wearing the apron around her abdomen. Eventually, it is up to you. Good luck.

sanjeevindia said:
one of my friend is expecting his medicals soon. however his wife is pregnant and they expecting baby in the month of october. we know that her medical will be conducted only after delivery. can anyone tell 4 how much time they will have to wait for medicals after delivery? if u can tell about time frame separetly for normal delivery and cesarean that will we really helpful. anyone?

sanjeevindia

Jul 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
harryk said:
sanjeevindia, thanks for starting this topic. it sure is a very useful post. regards, harryk.
thank u. i hope many will be benefitted from this discussion.