+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical for Immigration before even Marriage

joecreosta

Jan 22, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i have three questions;

1: can Medical for Spouse Immigration Application be done before even marriage taking place?
2: if a person has already taken a Medical, but the application was not submitted to the Canadian Immigration office even in Mississauga Canada. What happens to that Medical? I know it expires 12 months from the day. But do they keep that Medical on file for ever? But the Immigration Application wasn't even sent to the Canadian office so my question is what happens to that Medical?
3: this time around when we like to submit Immigration Application to Canadian Mississauga office, we will be doing another Medical for my wife. so would there be any issues with an existing Medical?

graham

Star Member
Jan 11, 2008
1-sure,it is good for 12 months,befor marriage is ok,2-they might keep the medical on record but it won't be valid if it is over 12 months old for immigration 3-the most recent medical is the one immigration will use as past medical situations may have improved or worsend in that time.hope everything works out

mais87

Dec 30, 2008
If i were a CIC officer, i would be suspicious if the medical was done before marriage...i think it will look like a fake marriage

just my two cents

Emmy

Star Member
Jun 27, 2008
We did ours before getting married and haven't had any issues so far. We basically put our entire application together, including medical and police checks and then went to Canada for our wedding. We then just added wedding photos etc and mailed it off once we got our official marriage certificate.

I wouldn't have thought there'd be any issue whatsoever unless you have trouble proving your relationship is genuine, in which case you're in trouble regardless of when the medical was done.

mitamata

Nov 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2009
AOR Received.
27-03-2009
Med's Done....
03-12-2008
Passport Req..
29-04-2009
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2009
LANDED..........
27-07-2009
The only issue I can imagine could come up is with the name change, assuming it's the wife that's applying. The medical exam would be done in the maiden name and if she changed her name after marriage, some confusion could follow. But otherwise, it's perfectly fine.

msgomez

Star Member
Dec 5, 2008
Canada
mais87 how would that be suspicious?

My husband has his medical done before we got married and so far have not had any problems. We had already been working on our applications well before our wedding day and getting all the necessary paperwork together & getting the medicals for him and his daughter done, so that when I came back home I could submit the paperwork and bring my husband home.

It's seem the most natural thing to do. Why delay anything? There is nothing we want more than to be together so doing the medical beforehand helped speed things up!

joecreosta

Jan 22, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ok but what if the spouse undergoes another medical when the first one is still not expired?

msgomez

Star Member
Dec 5, 2008
Canada
joecreosta, I wouldn['t have another medical done until the processing Visa office requests it. It isn't worth it... it'll just confuse matters.

joecreosta

Jan 22, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
but my spouse medical was done in December last year and we didnt file the immigration application. its now end of april and if we file the immigration application in month of May 2009 wouldnt it look suspecious as to why spouse got medical done last year like 6 months ago and now we're filing our file for immigration?

RobsLuv

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Original:14Mar2007; Reprocess began after appeal:26Apr2010
Doc's Request.
Original:9May'07; Reprocess:7May'10
AOR Received.
Original:28Apr'07; Reprocess:26Apr'10
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
Reprocessing:7May2010
Med's Done....
Jun2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011
joecreosta said:
but my spouse medical was done in December last year and we didnt file the immigration application. its now end of april and if we file the immigration application in month of May 2009 wouldnt it look suspecious as to why spouse got medical done last year like 6 months ago and now we're filing our file for immigration?
What's to look "suspicious" about - the worst that can happen is that the processing won't be finished before the medical expires (it's only good for a year) and your spouse will have to do another medical before they will approve the PR.

joecreosta

Jan 22, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RobsLuv said:
What's to look "suspicious" about - the worst that can happen is that the processing won't be finished before the medical expires (it's only good for a year) and your spouse will have to do another medical before they will approve the PR.
how long does it take to get another medical done and how much longer does immigration office in rabat will take again..?