+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical for EE

NicoleD

Star Member
Jan 3, 2015
emaanabbas said:
I have booked date for upfront medical exam based on other people's feedback. However, i just received nomination from MPNP and it says following:

CIC will inform you when to undergo the required medical exam. Arrange for this exam as soon as (but not before) requested by CIC.

Please advise if i should cancel my appointment?
Any response for your question? I'm in the same situation: didn't got the ITA from CIC yet,but i'm at 990 points (with OINP) and already booked my medicals for next week. Is it too soon? Should I wait for the ITA first?

Sid1234

Oct 13, 2014
Questions:1) Do I only need that one piece of paper to submit with my EE profile, from doctor which will be given same day after two hours of test?
2) I don't know why my consultant recommended to get it done before I get the invitation, if I can get that paper to submit same day, as you mentioned.
3) The bottom line is, I'm trying to know after gettin ITA, for how many days can this delay my submission?

ngelsa said:
Did my Medical earlier today and a few things to note:
1. The cost was $330 (for the clinic I went to)
2. The clinic did not know of the EE program and hence the nurse put me down as Worker category (I am not applying under the family class nor student class, so worker is the closest one)
3. Bring a passport AND health card AND Driver License (Passport is a must because the form that the nurse had to complete asks for info regarding your passport)
4. Copies of your pictures if your clinic does not use eMedical system - check CIC website for the exact # of copies (my clinic uses the eMedical system so I didn't have to bring my own pictures)
5. Bring your medical history and long term medication if applicable
6. Glasses (if you, like me, do not wear glasses on a regular basis but do need one for driving then make sure you bring one)
7. Allow 2 hours for the exam

One thing I want to point out is that the nurse will need to know of your place of birth and citizenship to proceed with the examination. If you are in a slightly complicated situation like myself (ex. born in Hong Kong holding a B.N.O. passport), make sure you have the nurse look through the entire list to select the correct country and citizenship! For me, B.N.O. was, for some reason, not sorted alphabetically and was at the very bottom of the list! Glad I insisted the nurse to search through the entire list before settling for "British Overseas Territories"! Also, for those of you who are born in Hong Kong, your nurse will have to select "HKSAR of the PRC". My nurse couldn't find Hong Kong on the list and I was surprised! Then I asked there is nothing like "Hong Kong SAR?" and she said, "HKSAR of the PRC? I wouldn't have guessed that means Hong Kong!".

Remember, the nurse has no responsibility for putting in wrong information on those forms, so it is all on you to make sure that all information is corrected on the system!

Last but not least, at the end the doctor gave me the forms that I could submit to CIC. The results will be sent to CIC through the eMedical system after 10 days or so (they have to wait for blood test results to come back to the clinic first).

Good luck.

riasat.abir

Aug 9, 2012
Burnaby
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2015-12-17
AOR Received.
2016-02-22
Med's Done....
2016-03-09
Passport Req..
2016-08-17
VISA ISSUED...
2016-08-30
LANDED..........
2016-09-09
nshakelly said:
My Score is 472 :(

Asivad - Are you predicting this draw cut off would be above 480??
Nope. It will be something like 460-465 I guess.

mkadnan

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23 Jan 2016
Doc's Request.
6th April 2016
AOR Received.
20th March 16
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
18th March 2016
Interview........
not needed
Passport Req..
21st December 2016
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
I have been submit my profile on express entry on 12th feb through my lawyer but he is not me helping out... he suggest me to do upfront medical exam before ITA ..because he is sure that ITA will must come in next draw because of my 901 point.. what you suggest about Medical exam...

Please if you can reply me I will be very thankful

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mkadnan said:
I have been submit my profile on express entry on 12th feb through my lawyer but he is not me helping out... he suggest me to do upfront medical exam before ITA ..because he is sure that ITA will must come in next draw because of my 901 point.. what you suggest about Medical exam...

Please if you can reply me I will be very thankful
You will get an ITA in the next draw for sure with 901 CRS points. I did my Medicals before I got an ITA and it passed per my signature. Organize to do the Medicals as soon as you can.

premchandkv

Jun 1, 2015
india
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-02-2016
Nomination.....
24-01-2016
AOR Received.
29-02-2016
Passport Req..
not received yet
Starting january 1st , you must undergo an upfront medical exam for express entry.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

Amser

Jul 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2015
Doc's Request.
27-11-2016 & 20-01-2017
Nomination.....
18-08-2016
AOR Received.
12-10-2016
Med's Done....
01-11-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
waiting
Sid1234 said:
Questions:1) Do I only need that one piece of paper to submit with my EE profile, from doctor which will be given same day after two hours of test?
2) I don't know why my consultant recommended to get it done before I get the invitation, if I can get that paper to submit same day, as you mentioned.
3) The bottom line is, I'm trying to know after gettin ITA, for how many days can this delay my submission?
Sid1234, what did you submit eventually? I have the same question as you asked. Please guide me, thanks a lot.

ahmedmorra

Aug 10, 2017
Hello all,
My wife has valid recent Medical Report which was issued for her work permit with Upfront medical type: Worker. Can we use it for the PR application? OR she have to do a new one?

monoca2019

Dec 1, 2019
Hi all,
We are applying as a couple and we are in the middle of filing-out our e-APR. We are still gathering information about travel history, personal history, etc. and we have less than a month left... So my question is regarding the medical exam. Since the upload page did not display yet for us and time is running out, should we go ahead and get a medical exam? Or is it something that we need to receive instructions for? Please note that we are applying OUTLAND (from Tunisia). I have found both options online and confused about which one is right (wait for instructions after document upload OR do an upfront medical exam).

Thanks!

Canadavisa92

Dec 21, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-02-2019
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
17-02-2019
IELTS Request
Upfront (uploaded with application)
Med's Request
Upfront (uploaded with application)
Med's Done....
08-04-2019
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18/07/2019
VISA ISSUED...
27/07/2019
LANDED..........
21/11/2019
Hi all,
We are applying as a couple and we are in the middle of filing-out our e-APR. We are still gathering information about travel history, personal history, etc. and we have less than a month left... So my question is regarding the medical exam. Since the upload page did not display yet for us and time is running out, should we go ahead and get a medical exam? Or is it something that we need to receive instructions for? Please note that we are applying OUTLAND (from Tunisia). I have found both options online and confused about which one is right (wait for instructions after document upload OR do an upfront medical exam).

Thanks!
You need to do the medical exam for you and your dependents before submitting the application. The certified medical center (look for the certified center in Tunisia on IRCC's website) will send the medical eform to the IRCC and will give you a copy that you need to scan and attach under the medical field of upload online.
You dont get instructions for a new medical in the beginning of the application, the application is incomplete and will be rejected if you didnt give the medical exam