katja2684

Jan 31, 2015
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
egotravel said:
Thanks. I asked the physician office about the IME vs. UMI numbers. According to them there can be no IME number for upfront medicals, only UMI. Hope they are right.
Hi egotravel,
I also did my upfront medical and got the information printout sheet with the UMI number. What worries me is that I wasn't asked for consent for emedical and the information sheet states at the bottom - you haven't yet given your consent to emedical.
If I upload this information sheet along the other documents from the checklist, will it be enough/ Or should I wait until I receive a copy of my results and upload those too?

emaanabbas

Mar 31, 2014
I have booked date for upfront medical exam based on other people's feedback. However, i just received nomination from MPNP and it says following:

CIC will inform you when to undergo the required medical exam. Arrange for this exam as soon as (but not before) requested by CIC.

Please advise if i should cancel my appointment?

Mrs. S

Apr 22, 2015
All our documents are ready for submission except for my daughter's proof of medical exam. The Panel Physician has ordered further tests because her head circumference and length are on the 3rd percentile, which, according to the CIC instructions will be graded B (i.e. indicates that there are significant abnormal findings present and/or an abnormal history). The panel physician agreed not to submit the medical with a Grade B until we provide a medical report/clearance from a pediatric endocrinologist.

Our deadline of submission is August 11 and the only pediatric endocrinologist at a private clinic has gone on a month-long summer vacation and will be back on August 10. It is unlikely that we can get an appointment with the pediatric endocrinologist at the public hospital as my daughter's case is not urgent.

Has anybody encountered this before? Any advise on a way forward?

If we decide to get her CIC-mandated medical in another neighboring country, would any questions arise from having her medical report submitted by a different panel physician than the rest of her family? Has anybody done this before and if so, what was the outcome?

Many thanks in advance!

ht7

Star Member
Jun 16, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ngelsa said:
Did my Medical earlier today and a few things to note:
1. The cost was $330 (for the clinic I went to)
2. The clinic did not know of the EE program and hence the nurse put me down as Worker category (I am not applying under the family class nor student class, so worker is the closest one)
3. Bring a passport AND health card AND Driver License (Passport is a must because the form that the nurse had to complete asks for info regarding your passport)
4. Copies of your pictures if your clinic does not use eMedical system - check CIC website for the exact # of copies (my clinic uses the eMedical system so I didn't have to bring my own pictures)
5. Bring your medical history and long term medication if applicable
6. Glasses (if you, like me, do not wear glasses on a regular basis but do need one for driving then make sure you bring one)
7. Allow 2 hours for the exam

One thing I want to point out is that the nurse will need to know of your place of birth and citizenship to proceed with the examination. If you are in a slightly complicated situation like myself (ex. born in Hong Kong holding a B.N.O. passport), make sure you have the nurse look through the entire list to select the correct country and citizenship! For me, B.N.O. was, for some reason, not sorted alphabetically and was at the very bottom of the list! Glad I insisted the nurse to search through the entire list before settling for "British Overseas Territories"! Also, for those of you who are born in Hong Kong, your nurse will have to select "HKSAR of the PRC". My nurse couldn't find Hong Kong on the list and I was surprised! Then I asked there is nothing like "Hong Kong SAR?" and she said, "HKSAR of the PRC? I wouldn't have guessed that means Hong Kong!".

Remember, the nurse has no responsibility for putting in wrong information on those forms, so it is all on you to make sure that all information is corrected on the system!

Last but not least, at the end the doctor gave me the forms that I could submit to CIC. The results will be sent to CIC through the eMedical system after 10 days or so (they have to wait for blood test results to come back to the clinic first).

Good luck.

A case of Worker Class upfront being accepted for EE.

ken_s

Aug 10, 2015
nata_cap said:
EE is already requesting Medical Exam, but when I tried to book one they said i need to bring with me the IMM1017B form. But EE is not giving me this form, plus in CIC website they say that the physician should have this form, anyhow the clinic told me i should be able to download this form and that they cannot do medical exams without that form, so I'm kinda confused...anybody knows how this is gonna work with express entry? Thanks!!!!
Hello, Which Panel Physician you consulted?? I am in Edmonton too.

sraj07

May 26, 2015
Do we need to do medicals for kids less than one year ? .

Is there a CIC link where I can go and read all the basic information on medicals ?

Intocanada

Mar 18, 2014
sraj07 said:
Do we need to do medicals for kids less than one year ? .

Is there a CIC link where I can go and read all the basic information on medicals ?
Go Thru link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/medexams-perm.asp

I think kids irrespective of age have to go thru test and fortunately they will not have all the tests which adults have. Click on dependents hyperlink in the above website to know more details.

drkv78

Jan 13, 2013
Ontario
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OOPNP
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
21.09.2015 (e-APR)
IELTS Request
-
Passport Req..
15.Feb.2016. PPR submit: 25.02.2016
VISA ISSUED...
10.Mar.2016
LANDED..........
21.Mar.2016
Hello,

any body has done medical tests up-front under CEC Category?

For me and spouse: Non-EDE/worker
is that will be accepted by CIC and do u have some idea?
I am under CEC category.

Thanks

Tocanadawego

Apr 19, 2015
Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/10/2015
AOR Received.
06/10/2015
Med's Done....
12-12-2105
Passport Req..
17-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
04-03-2017
Sunil_JZ said:
Are xrays required for medical exam before PR application after receiving ITA?
Yes. X-ray is a part of your medical exam that you need to undergo prior to submitting your application.

amamh

Star Member
Sep 10, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys, I want to share some information (This is only for people who have a clinic that has the **eMidical** system)

How long does the medical exam take?

This depends on where you live and whether the clinic has the eMidical system or not. In my case, I'm lucky enough to have a clinic here that has the eMidical system which means I basically get the report on the same day of the appointment, so I only had to wait for 2-3 days for the appointment. They only needed my passport, they didn't even ask me about my EE application ID, they have everything electronically linked to my passport, so that was great.

Do I need to bring a form etc?

Again, eMedical links everything to your passport, so you don't need to bring anything other than your passport. The clinic basically tells you this.

Basically, if you have eMedical, it's very simply and very quick.

vancitydream

Apr 1, 2015
I've taken a medical exam in June 4, for extending my staying in Canada and I'm about to get an ITA. Shall I take it again or I can use the same report sheet, considering that its validity is 12 months?

sunshinejan

Jul 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,
I am about to take the ME and just don't understand the whole thing with classes (worker, family, etc).

I have received ITA with express entry under FSW program.

What's all about the class thing?

carl321

Feb 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sunshinejan said:
Hi guys,
I am about to take the ME and just don't understand the whole thing with classes (worker, family, etc).

I have received ITA with express entry under FSW program.

What's all about the class thing?
"Class thing" applies only if you are inside Canada

SIDD007

Dec 18, 2015
Can i do Medical Exam from India instaed of Canada? There are few authorised centers in mycity in india
Please advise