+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical Faculty - transferring

ninadracina

Nov 22, 2015
Hello,
I'm 21 years old and I'm third year student of medicine in Novi Sad (Serbia). I'm thinking about immigrating to Canada with my parents and sister. I need help about understanding studying medicine in Canada because it's drastically different than ours in Serbia. ::)
Here medicine lasts 6 years - that's general medicine and when you finish it you have 2 years of internship - then you are officialy a doctor. If you want to go further, faculty gives you certain specialization (for example - surgery, dermatology and etc.) which lasts from 3 to 6 years and when you finish that you're surgeon, dermatologist.. I passed exams such as First Aid, Histology and Embryology, Medical Ethics, Human Genetics, Anatomy, Medical Biochemistry and Chemistry, Physiology and a few smaller subjects. In this, third year, I have Pathology, Pathophysiology, Pharmacology, Radiology, Blood Transfusion, Propaedeutics, Microbiology, Medical Psychology, which I will pass. ;D
What I would like to know if anyone knows is transferring even possible? I mean, I would like to know if I could get some of those exams recognized in Canada. I would like to know the system of studying Medicine? I was reading on the internet, but I can't figure everything out.. :( What are the costs ? Approximately, per year. How long does it last? Does anybody have experience with this kind of transferring?
I'm most interested in Manitoba and British Columbia, but if someone has expirience in other regions of Canada I would like to hear from them. :)
Thank you all for your time,
Dračina Nina.