+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical extension

Gus Kim

Star Member
Feb 28, 2018
02/08/2019 - I called to CIC and they said that they requested for my medical extension.
28/08/2019 - I called to CIC and they said that they are still still still still waiting for my medical extension.

Anyone knows how long does it take to be approved for the medical extension?

Bsammy

Jun 14, 2019
02/08/2019 - I called to CIC and they said that they requested for my medical extension.
28/08/2019 - I called to CIC and they said that they are still still still still waiting for my medical extension.

Hello any news about your medicals?

Gus Kim

Star Member
Feb 28, 2018
Congratulations!! Why it tooks so long ? Are you single
It does not matter if someone is single or married. There are many applying with dependents and they got PPR within one year. It just depends on which officer is filing an application. If a lazy officer is filing my application it takes too long like my case. Lol
Just what I do not understand is they requested my medical last June and got pre-arrival letter last November. And holding it for a long time.

Bsammy

Jun 14, 2019
It does not matter if someone is single or married. There are many applying with dependents and they got PPR within one year. It just depends on which officer is filing an application. If a lazy officer is filing my application it takes too long like my case. Lol
Just what I do not understand is they requested my medical last June and got pre-arrival letter last November. And holding it for a long time.
Im talking about extension of medicals why it tooks sonlong ?

zivshek

Sep 15, 2017
Hey By how long did they provide you an medical extension? And did they mail you with the details like to show it as a proof?
it's all done automatically in the system. You don't receive anything, in my case, my medical status changed to we are processing your medical exam and then to you passed medical exam on Jan.23. And today, we got a landing interview instead of PPR!

EmeraldEyes

Star Member
May 15, 2014
Calgary / Spouse in St. Vincent
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
Nov 13, 2018
Doc's Request.
Aug 5, 2019
AOR Received.
Aug 6, 2019
File Transfer...
June 14, 2019. Transferred to Trinidad from Mexico on Feb 22, 2021
Med's Request
Feb 19, 2019
Med's Done....
March 2, 2019
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
My husband's medical expires on Monday March 2nd. Do you have to request an extension or do they just grant it because they're taking their time?

My husband is a Nov 2018 applicant. File was sent to Mexico in June 2019.. we haven't had any communication with the VO since August.. everytime we email it's just a generic response, no real information about our file.

If we have to request an extension, how do we go about doing that?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
My husband's medical expires on Monday March 2nd. Do you have to request an extension or do they just grant it because they're taking their time?

My husband is a Nov 2018 applicant. File was sent to Mexico in June 2019.. we haven't had any communication with the VO since August.. everytime we email it's just a generic response, no real information about our file.

You don't request an extension. Either they will extend the medical or they will request a new one.

EmeraldEyes

Star Member
May 15, 2014
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
Nov 13, 2018
Doc's Request.
Aug 5, 2019
AOR Received.
Aug 6, 2019
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Feb 19, 2019
Med's Done....
March 2, 2019
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting

faranshakeel

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017

Under what circumstances IRCC extended your Medical ?

Were they taking time in finalising your application or something else ?

Pls do reply!!

Last edited:

BOSOXNATION

Nov 14, 2019

Have you and your spouse gotten any info me wife and son nov 2018 applicants and waiting .

EmeraldEyes

Star Member
May 15, 2014
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
Nov 13, 2018
Doc's Request.
Aug 5, 2019
AOR Received.
Aug 6, 2019
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Feb 19, 2019
Med's Done....
March 2, 2019
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
Have you and your spouse gotten any info me wife and son nov 2018 applicants and waiting .
I sent a webform on Sept 11th and got an emailed response Sept 21, the agent responding to me made me laugh. He said "..we want to ensure that you have all the tools at your disposal to make this process as easy and enjoyable as possible." Our whole immigration nightmare has never been easy or enjoyable.

The details he gave me about our application are as follows (copy /pasted):
  • Your application is currently being reviewed. We may contact you will be contact if additional information is needed.
  • The background verifications are currently in process.
  • The medical examination results on file are valid.
Next step in the process will be the final decision. We will communicate with you once a decision has been reached.

The email then continues to go on about how dedicated they are to completing most applications in 12 months and that we can get updates online.... I don't think the agents realize the reason we contact them is because there's no updates. I submitted for GCMS notes again a few months ago. Those still haven't arrived. However, the first time I submitted for those, it took almost 6 months to get a response.

So to answer your question, the info they gave me is nothing new. The background check started processing almost a year ago now..