+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

medical extension was give from IRCC

Feeco

Apr 16, 2024
I have been waiting for my pr application to be approved for 20 month, so I contact MP helping me to check the progress of my application. Here is the reply from IRCC:

• The criminality and eligibility checks have been completed and passed.
  • The security check is still in progress.
  • There are no outstanding issues.
  • Medical extension was given.
everything seems good so far, however, last item says "medical extension was given", this confused me. Because, I have not received "MER- medical exam report" yet. And I have never done an medical exam for my pr application before. why they give me extension???

I seem to remember I had a medical exam to extend my pgwp work permit before. Will they use this medical exam in my pr application or they made a mistake ??? why they give me medical extension?? what does this mean (cry...)

Please help

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
I have been waiting for my pr application to be approved for 20 month, so I contact MP helping me to check the progress of my application. Here is the reply from IRCC:

• The criminality and eligibility checks have been completed and passed.
  • The security check is still in progress.
  • There are no outstanding issues.
  • Medical extension was given.
everything seems good so far, however, last item says "medical extension was given", this confused me. Because, I have not received "MER- medical exam report" yet. And I have never done an medical exam for my pr application before. why they give me extension???

I seem to remember I had a medical exam to extend my pgwp work permit before. Will they use this medical exam in my pr application or they made a mistake ??? why they give me medical extension?? what does this mean (cry...)

Please help
We’ve put in place a temporary public policy for immigration medical exams (IMEs) until October 6, 2024.

If you completed an IME within 5 years of submitting your new application, include the IME number (or the unique medical identifier number) from your previous exam in your current application.

You may be exempt from completing another IME if you meet all of these conditions:

• You applied, or are applying, for either permanent residence or temporary residence.
  • You already live in Canada.
  • You completed your previous IME in the last 5 years.
  • Your previous IME indicated a low risk or no risk to public health or public safety.

Feeco

Apr 16, 2024
We’ve put in place a temporary public policy for immigration medical exams (IMEs) until October 6, 2024.

If you completed an IME within 5 years of submitting your new application, include the IME number (or the unique medical identifier number) from your previous exam in your current application.

You may be exempt from completing another IME if you meet all of these conditions:

• You applied, or are applying, for either permanent residence or temporary residence.
  • You already live in Canada.
  • You completed your previous IME in the last 5 years.
  • Your previous IME indicated a low risk or no risk to public health or public safety.
Thanks so much, miss bee.
I think I meet all of these conditions.

I'm afraid of any system error, for example, IRCC send me guidance to complete a IME, however, I did not receive it from IRCC account.

I'm not a immigration expert, so, based on your reply I don't have to take any actions for now, right?

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Thanks so much, miss bee.
I think I meet all of these conditions.

I'm afraid of any system error, for example, IRCC send me guidance to complete a IME, however, I did not receive it from IRCC account.

I'm not a immigration expert, so, based on your reply I don't have to take any actions for now, right?
No , if you already did medical exam before and there is no status showing on your account that they have requested new medical exam, you don’t need to worry.

Feeco

Apr 16, 2024
No , if you already did medical exam before and there is no status showing on your account that they have requested new medical exam, you don’t need to worry.
Thank you so much miss Bee, wish you a fantastic day !!