+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical Expiry - Near ITA

haris462

Jul 2, 2015
Got my ITA today. I have almost all my documents ready except one issue with my medical. I did upfront medical last year which expires at the end of October 2020 (1 year has passed). Due to Corona, I do not feel comfortable going to a medical center yet and also will be travelling back to my home country where I plan to give my medical. The question now is if I submit my application before 29 October will it be okay if I provide updated medical in start of December? Will they reject the application/not move it forward at all? Or will they consider the one expiring now and just move on with the other bits of the application like verification etc?

mapleleaf987

Jun 29, 2017
Got my ITA today. I have almost all my documents ready except one issue with my medical. I did upfront medical last year which expires at the end of October 2020 (1 year has passed). Due to Corona, I do not feel comfortable going to a medical center yet and also will be travelling back to my home country where I plan to give my medical. The question now is if I submit my application before 29 October will it be okay if I provide updated medical in start of December? Will they reject the application/not move it forward at all? Or will they consider the one expiring now and just move on with the other bits of the application like verification etc?
you will need to submit new medicals as the old one is expiring. however you can still submit your documents if you are close to the 90 days deadline with a placeholder LOE informing of the situation. your application will not be closed or refused because of your inability to complete your IME in time due to COVID-19. you will be given an additional 90 days to complete the process

haris462

Jul 2, 2015
Thank you. I took the risk and did go as UK was going in a lockdown. Did cost a lot but I am sure it’s all worth it in the long term :)

thanks for the help.