+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

medical expired or not! how will I know

Jacob113

Jun 12, 2018
hi, I went into my medical in Oct-18 and I received the notification that I passed the medical in Dec-18 (this one is documented through the online portal). I then received a request for passports in Sep-19.

I am wondering whether I will be requested to land:
1) within one year of when I took the medical exam itself (i.e. on or before Oct-19 - this is too short of a notice), OR
2) within one year of when I passed the medical exam (i.e. on or before Dec-19), OR
3) within one year of when I receive passports back from the embassy (i.e. on or before Sep-20)

Please note that until this moment no authority has communicated with me anything regarding expiry of my medical exam, I am just speculating as I know that medical exam has an expiry date.

Thanks

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
The validity of the visa will be at CIC’s discretion. There are times when they have extended medical after it has expired, or they request the applicant to land within a specific time. Since nothing has been communicated to you regarding doing a new medical or landing sooner, you just have to wait and see.
Congrats!

P Jayasinghe

Mar 6, 2019
hi, I went into my medical in Oct-18 and I received the notification that I passed the medical in Dec-18 (this one is documented through the online portal). I then received a request for passports in Sep-19.

I am wondering whether I will be requested to land:
1) within one year of when I took the medical exam itself (i.e. on or before Oct-19 - this is too short of a notice), OR
2) within one year of when I passed the medical exam (i.e. on or before Dec-19), OR
3) within one year of when I receive passports back from the embassy (i.e. on or before Sep-20)

Please note that until this moment no authority has communicated with me anything regarding expiry of my medical exam, I am just speculating as I know that medical exam has an expiry date.

Thanks
Hi,

Can I know what happened with your medical expiration? Does it expire a year after you passed the medical? They have requested for my passport too and I noticed that they had updated my medical pass date to Sept 2020 from Oct 2019. Does that mean they've extended my medical and it's now valid for one more year?

daveishan

Oct 13, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-10-2018
Med's Done....
13-11-2018
Hi,

Can I know what happened with your medical expiration? Does it expire a year after you passed the medical? They have requested for my passport too and I noticed that they had updated my medical pass date to Sept 2020 from Oct 2019. Does that mean they've extended my medical and it's now valid for one more year?
1. It expires a year after the date of the exam.
2. If they updated the date to Sept 2020 (i am assuming it says Medical pass on Sept XX, 2020), it means they have extended the exam and it is now valid till Sept XX, 2021).

P Jayasinghe

Mar 6, 2019
1. It expires a year after the date of the exam.
2. If they updated the date to Sept 2020 (i am assuming it says Medical pass on Sept XX, 2020), it means they have extended the exam and it is now valid till Sept XX, 2021).
Yes, now it says I passed the medical in September 2020. Relieved to hear that they've extended. Thanks for the reply :)