+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical expired after visa was approved

Shereen7393

Aug 28, 2018
Oh what update exactly ? I also received, but it was the status itself. It went from application approved to medicals approved and then back.
My old medicals expires on 19th June, so my counterfoil is still valid.
I saw "application/provide updated" on the home page on 13th June, but no change inside. I had some hope that it was about new medical. However, yesterday I got an email from IRCC asking to renew medicals.
So don't know what was updated or is it just a technical glitch. :(

canada_pls_let_mrs_in

Feb 26, 2021
I saw "application/provide updated" on the home page on 13th June, but no change inside. I had some hope that it was about new medical. However, yesterday I got an email from IRCC asking to renew medicals.
Yeah I also got a similar ghost update. Nothin changed in my application.

AzminAdeel

Sep 6, 2020
Dear Friends.

My counterfoil to travel to Canada is valid till Nov 11, 2021. However, my medical will expire on Sept 10, 2021. Since I am in UAE, I was not required to take medical exam as per IRCC website but then too during my application, I was asked to get one done. I did that, whole process ended and my case got approved. Now my question is will I require to redo my medical despite of the fact that it was not required at first place?

I plan to go to Canada in second week of Nov though.

How shall I get confirmation if I require redo or not. If I wait for it to expire first and then the email from IRCC, and by the time it will get updated again, my counterfoil may get expired?

Please suggest what shall I do proactively.

Thank you.

canada_pls_let_mrs_in

Feb 26, 2021
Dear Friends.

My counterfoil to travel to Canada is valid till Nov 11, 2021. However, my medical will expire on Sept 10, 2021. Since I am in UAE, I was not required to take medical exam as per IRCC website but then too during my application, I was asked to get one done. I did that, whole process ended and my case got approved. Now my question is will I require to redo my medical despite of the fact that it was not required at first place?

I plan to go to Canada in second week of Nov though.

How shall I get confirmation if I require redo or not. If I wait for it to expire first and then the email from IRCC, and by the time it will get updated again, my counterfoil may get expired?

Please suggest what shall I do proactively.

Thank you.
You could try calling IRCC and see if they can help you. If not, my personal opinion would be to do upfront medicals and get it updated if it is not too much of a hassle. It's too much uncertainty. In a lot of cases, the counterfoil becomes invalid the day before travel or so.

AzminAdeel

Sep 6, 2020
You could try calling IRCC and see if they can help you. If not, my personal opinion would be to do upfront medicals and get it updated if it is not too much of a hassle. It's too much uncertainty. In a lot of cases, the counterfoil becomes invalid the day before travel or so.
Oh. Thank you for the reply.

ran12jan123

Sep 18, 2021
I am facing same issue , so was the medical updated and we're u able to fly?

Shereen7393

Aug 28, 2018
I am facing same issue , so was the medical updated and we're u able to fly?
Yes, they had updated my new medical details in the background. However, the medicals passed date remained that of my old one. I raised a webform and they confirmed that I was eligible to travel as my medical results was received by the visa office.

ran12jan123

Sep 18, 2021
Yes, they had updated my new medical details in the background. However, the medicals passed date remained that of my old one. I raised a webform and they confirmed that I was eligible to travel as my medical results was received by the visa office.
@Shereen7393 How much time they took to reply to web form, it has been 19 days in my case still no reply.