+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical Exemption For Dependent Children

Nov 26, 2009
I am and American living in Canada with my wife and our son. I have been here for 6 years on extended visitor visas. I am taking the first steps with my PR. I have my medical exam and all my fingerprints done. I am in the process now of filling out my application to send in. I have 2 dependent children back in the states who are in full custody of their mothers. It would be a hardship on them both to have medical exams done as the nearest accredited place is 400 miles away. Therfore, they refuse to go through with it. I have read and heard that some sort of exemption can be done whereas they would'nt have to do it. I also know that with that, they could never be sponsored to immigrate to Canada. Neither would ever want to in the first place, I know. My question/s is: What would I need to do to get this exemption? I had read on this site that it was just signing a paper or something. Does anyone have an outline for this? Has anyone else been through this situation and what was the outcome?

We are not sure how to proceed from here and would really be grateful of any help or ideas. Thank you

eyeoftheocean

Sep 14, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Jan 2009
File Transfer...
June 2009
Med's Done....
Dec 2008 2nd Meds done Jan 2011 Medical Results have been received March 11
Interview........
AIP interview Aug 09 Security interview May 2010
LANDED..........
29-11-2013
Exemption is not an option , However, you must at least try to convince your ex to get the meds done, failing that you need a letter from your ex saying why this is impossible and only then the CIC can make a decision regarding what steps to take next, CIC WILL ask you further on in your application to try and if not CIC will ask you to write a letter explaining the situation and that you will NEVER be able to sponser your dependants in the future , but that isnt the end ..your dependants would be able to visit and maybe come on a study visa in the future.

quakingaspen

Sep 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
I can't offer you with any help about an exemption, however eyeoftheocean was right. Here are two recent threads from people in similar situations.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/refusedby-canada-immis-this-even-right-t68182.0.html

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t67707.0.html