+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical exams

USBR

Star Member
Feb 5, 2008
My wife is 5 months pregnant. What would happen if we were requested to do the medical exams now? I understand that they would not do the x-rays on her because she is pregnant. If anyone has experience with this, I would appreciate your input. What is the application delay in this situation?

Thanks.

odin

Jan 28, 2008
My wife was in a similar situation and she had to do the x-rays after baby was due, so don't worrry!!!

USBR

Star Member
Feb 5, 2008
odin said:
My wife was in a similar situation and she had to do the x-rays after baby was due, so don't worrry!!!
Thanks odin.

Did she do any other exams? Did the immigration acept the exams without the x-ray?

squatch

Jun 3, 2008
Hi,

We're in the same boat. My wife is due in November '08. We took the medicals (without the x-ray) two weeks ago. We pray that everything goes well and we can land by spring of '09. Good luck to all of us "non-landeds!"

odin

Jan 28, 2008
Well we didn't have any problem, and as far as I can remember, she went for the x-rays after baby was born and after the 6th week examination apt. because she wanted to ask the obstetritian before having the x-rays, in order to have really clear that this wouldn't affect the baby because she was breastfeeding, the medicals arent that complicated, so obviously everything was fine, dont worry, everything should be good, they have to understand that we all are ppl, right?, and is more important your wife and baby's safety. That was our experience, but in case you are not sure at all, you can always send a fax to your immigration office and ask those guys what would it happen. So good luck

M S Chaudhry

Star Member
Jun 6, 2006
Do not worry. It is basically Doctor's Job to deal with the medicals carefully. Doctors know how to take care of the patient. Good Luck

ariesnmiami

Jun 5, 2008
I'm have an appointment in two weeks to do my medical tests for Skilled Worker application. I am wondering if they drug test during the exam. I don't often smoke pot but I have recently....Can I be denied b/c of that?

aryabarun

Apr 6, 2008
The issue of pregnancy should not create any difficulty. It will be taken care of by the doctor and your probmelm will be dealt with causing you no problem at all. So be relaxed and take the next step forward. Good luck !

Traveler74

Star Member
Dec 22, 2007
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone!

I am on the situation as USBR, but I have received my IA and medicals paper work today August 13th.My wife is pregnant and the Baby will not be born until October, but I only have 60 days to submit my medicals.

Can anyone help me by telling me what I should do with the medicals?

Do I have to tell CIC that my wife is pregnant now or only when the baby is born?

Thank you.

don_c

Nov 20, 2008
Hi, I am in a similar situation, my wife is eight months pregnant. The doctor(female) said she will not allow x-ray on her. She also said that it is up to the immigration officer to decide if she will have an X-ray after the baby or have it in Canada. It is quite interesting because my case will be eight years by June 2009.Though the handbook said abdominal shielding, we were not offered that option just as we are not desperate. Any ideas or suggestions on what I need to do?

jonats

Star Member
Oct 29, 2008
we have a same situation,we have our med last may and my wife gave birth last june she was xray july or aug...but until now we are still waiting...hoping that we will receive it vey soon