+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical Exams for non-accompanying children

UKConfused

Jul 8, 2021
Hi,
I have read several (some quite dated) threads in regards to the requirements for a medical exam for non-accompanying children. I am yet to put in my application for PR, which will be within the next month, and wanted to be certain that I had the correct information before I started.
I have two children (One - soon to be 18 and one 15 ) who live with my ex in the UK, per court appointed documentation. Acrimonious divorce, so I know if I ask for the children to get it, chances are he will say no.
I've read about waiving my right to sponsor them in future, and even though I wouldn't be happy with that outcome, I would have no choice.
My question is, has anyone recently gone through the same thing? How was the ex? Did it delay the PR application? If they did decide at a later date to come to Canada as a visitor or on a temp study or work visa, would this go against them (not having the medical)?
Any help you can give, would be appreciated as I am extremely confused and very anxious about this.
Thanks

Reactions: dabingougou

dabingougou

May 30, 2021
Hi,
I have read several (some quite dated) threads in regards to the requirements for a medical exam for non-accompanying children. I am yet to put in my application for PR, which will be within the next month, and wanted to be certain that I had the correct information before I started.
I have two children (One - soon to be 18 and one 15 ) who live with my ex in the UK, per court appointed documentation. Acrimonious divorce, so I know if I ask for the children to get it, chances are he will say no.
I've read about waiving my right to sponsor them in future, and even though I wouldn't be happy with that outcome, I would have no choice.
My question is, has anyone recently gone through the same thing? How was the ex? Did it delay the PR application? If they did decide at a later date to come to Canada as a visitor or on a temp study or work visa, would this go against them (not having the medical)?
Any help you can give, would be appreciated as I am extremely confused and very anxious about this.
Thanks
Hi hope you sorted out the issue. I am just wondering what did you do eventually as I am in the same situation. Thanks!
p.s. I found this link that might be helpful for future fellow applicants: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/insistence-on-medical-for-non-accompanying-dependent.442478/