+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical Examination

Jan 20, 2019
I went to the Panel Physician to find a doctor for my refugee medical I was given an appointment date how ever upon arriving there I presented my Brown Paper and the IFHP health paper to them after the doctor did everything and give me a paper to go do the X-ray and blood work I was gonna leave he said I should pay him $350 dollars I told him that I dont have to pay because he was one of the doctors in the Panel and my Brown paper covers me he then say to me he can't get me my medical without me paying. I told him ok and I left there. I then book another appointment at another doctor when I got there to do the medical the doctor couldn't get to my file because the doctor I went to before had my file in his inbox still she call him and he said he can't do anything about it I will like to know if I should report this to immigration because I have limited time to get my medical in.

live&love

Apr 25, 2018
I went to the Panel Physician to find a doctor for my refugee medical I was given an appointment date how ever upon arriving there I presented my Brown Paper and the IFHP health paper to them after the doctor did everything and give me a paper to go do the X-ray and blood work I was gonna leave he said I should pay him $350 dollars I told him that I dont have to pay because he was one of the doctors in the Panel and my Brown paper covers me he then say to me he can't get me my medical without me paying. I told him ok and I left there. I then book another appointment at another doctor when I got there to do the medical the doctor couldn't get to my file because the doctor I went to before had my file in his inbox still she call him and he said he can't do anything about it I will like to know if I should report this to immigration because I have limited time to get my medical in.
Yes you should report that to Immigration, refugee claimants got medical fees covered. He has no right telling you to pay.

OR

You can bring a proof that holders of the refugee claimants IDs dont have to pay the medicals fees & see what he says. Good luck

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You shouldn't keep booking appointments. They will pay for one. You could be charged for any subsequent appointments.

Shanwari

Feb 10, 2017

It’s free only once , when you apply for refugeee but when you apply for PR then you need to pay ,

Alien_walkingalone

Jul 9, 2015
My mother is a h&c applicant , and I sure that she has to pay for her medical. Does anybody knows how much it costs ? I haven’t book for the appointment yet.