+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical Examination

raopvr

Member
Jul 31, 2013
18
0
Hi,

I have applied for PR under CEC category in Jan 2014 and received AOR in Feb.
My PR application is still under processing and haven't received MR.
In June, I have submitted application for Temporary Work Permit along with upfront Medical examination.
Question is can I reuse the same medical examination for my PR whenever MR request comes?

Thanks..
 

tag4u

Star Member
Mar 15, 2013
85
4
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
2174
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-Oct-2013
AOR Received.
20-Nov-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
23-Apr-2014
Med's Done....
06-Jun-2014
Passport Req..
16-Jun-2014
I do not think they will ask for another MR in your case as MR is valid for 1 year. My guess is that if your case is passed you will get a PPR next. But you have to be patient and wait!!!

raopvr said:
Hi,

I have applied for PR under CEC category in Jan 2014 and received AOR in Feb.
My PR application is still under processing and haven't received MR.
In June, I have submitted application for Temporary Work Permit along with upfront Medical examination.
Question is can I reuse the same medical examination for my PR whenever MR request comes?

Thanks..
 

maniac2403

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2013
1,103
107
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
1122
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2013
Doc's Request.
29-05-2014
AOR Received.
27-12-2013
IELTS Request
Provided with application
File Transfer...
04-06-2014 (ECAS In Process)
Med's Request
10-06-2014
Med's Done....
11-06-2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
20-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
27-06-2014 (Visa stamp) 9-07-2014 (Passport Received)
LANDED..........
10-07-2014
raopvr said:
Hi,

I have applied for PR under CEC category in Jan 2014 and received AOR in Feb.
My PR application is still under processing and haven't received MR.
In June, I have submitted application for Temporary Work Permit along with upfront Medical examination.
Question is can I reuse the same medical examination for my PR whenever MR request comes?

Thanks..
You can never be sure what CIC will expect. For my spouse's BOWP, she did her medicals in Feb 2014, but was again asked to do MR for CEC on May 2014.
 

canvan14

Hero Member
May 8, 2014
354
84
I'm not sure if immigration medical is different from work permit medical so I cannot comment on that. But if you have the money to do so then go ahead with another medical examination so you can send them the result right away when they request.
 

karanJ

Star Member
Jun 24, 2013
148
3
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2013
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
04-07-2013
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
28-01-2014
Med's Done....
28-02-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
24/04/2014
VISA ISSUED...
14/05/2014
LANDED..........
waiting
Yes most probably it will be resused. If cic ask for medical again you can always send them the previous receipt. Just make sure medical is not done long back since validity is just 1 year.
 

Fahmida

Newbie
Jun 27, 2014
5
0
Hello,

I applied for my PR end of September 2013. I received an email from CIC end of April asking me to refer to the attached document for information concerning my application. The attachment was missing and I forwarded the email to the Ottawa visa processing office 3 times as well as mailed and faxed them but still haven't received any response from them. I am worried that the request was for my medical and what if I miss the deadline.

Has anybody faced a similar situation or know the best way to communicate with the Ottawa office?

Thanks
 

flapmyp

Star Member
Mar 27, 2014
58
0
hi Fahmida ,
i think that email was for ure medical request, u should take action now cuz the deadline is 60 days. I guess all the september already got the PR, u should go to your local MP n tell them to call cic , do it now before its too late.

or maybe just do ure medical now,
 

thisisauser

Hero Member
Nov 23, 2012
681
27
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2012
LANDED..........
Apr 2014
Fahmida said:
Hello,

I applied for my PR end of September 2013. I received an email from CIC end of April asking me to refer to the attached document for information concerning my application. The attachment was missing and I forwarded the email to the Ottawa visa processing office 3 times as well as mailed and faxed them but still haven't received any response from them. I am worried that the request was for my medical and what if I miss the deadline.

Has anybody faced a similar situation or know the best way to communicate with the Ottawa office?

Thanks
It was probably medical request. Have you tried calling them?!!! You really should be taking this more seriously.

You need to do medical generally within 60 days but they send reminders too if they don't receive it on time.
 

Fahmida

Newbie
Jun 27, 2014
5
0
Thanks for your response.

I called CIC twice. First they told me to mail them so i did but no response. Then they told me to fax them and i did but still no response. I was thinking about getting my medical done anyways but i need the form they send that has my name and application number on it.

Do you suggest that i go ahead and do my medical? What did you mean by contact the MP?

Thanks again.

Fahmida
 

canvan14

Hero Member
May 8, 2014
354
84
Fahmida said:
Thanks for your response.

I called CIC twice. First they told me to mail them so i did but no response. Then they told me to fax them and i did but still no response. I was thinking about getting my medical done anyways but i need the form they send that has my name and application number on it.

Do you suggest that i go ahead and do my medical? What did you mean by contact the MP?

Thanks again.

Fahmida
If you did receive the medical request email that means your panel physician can pull up your file from the system, no need to have that form. Just go ahead with the medical examination. Make sure you do it with a panel physician who can upload the result online, it's called e-medical. You have 60 days and you should act fast.
MP mean member of parliament, you can look up your postal code on google to find who your local MP is. They can find out more information from CIC about your application. I read on the forum that you can make an appointment and they can inquire CIC on your behalf, I've never done this myself so I cannot help you further than this.
Good luck!
 

karanJ

Star Member
Jun 24, 2013
148
3
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2013
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
04-07-2013
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
28-01-2014
Med's Done....
28-02-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
24/04/2014
VISA ISSUED...
14/05/2014
LANDED..........
waiting
Fahmida said:
Hello,

I applied for my PR end of September 2013. I received an email from CIC end of April asking me to refer to the attached document for information concerning my application. The attachment was missing and I forwarded the email to the Ottawa visa processing office 3 times as well as mailed and faxed them but still haven't received any response from them. I am worried that the request was for my medical and what if I miss the deadline.

Has anybody faced a similar situation or know the best way to communicate with the Ottawa office?

Thanks
Look for the response in gave in other thread . Please go ahead and do the medicals.