+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical Examination, passed 2 of the 3 but 3rd I got to re-do. Question.

SpouseVisa

Star Member
Jan 8, 2013
It's a urine test, they had found some blood in it. I got to re-do it. The Dr. said it could be due to kidney stones or something like that, so I got to redo the blood test and urine test if it shows up again will IO reject my application based on that?

Stressing!

herewecome

Dec 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-12
AOR Received.
17-01-13
File Transfer...
17-01-13
Med's Done....
07-12-12
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2013
Did the doctor say you had to do it or did the VO request you do it? I also had blood in my urine and had to agree to additional tests at the time. They didn't prove anything and since then I have dealt with it through my own doctor's surgery.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
I assume you are applying for PR under family class: spouse? If so, then don't worry. There is zero chance they would reject an application for kidney stones or something like that.

The ONLY reasons for medical refusal here, is if you had a contagious disease that would pose a threat to other Canadians. The only 2 i know of that would lead to possible rejection are active TB and Syphilis.

Having some other condition may cause delays in processing, but you don't need to worry about rejection at all.

SpouseVisa

Star Member
Jan 8, 2013
The Dr. had said it, "If you wish, we can send this result to the Embassy without repeat but they will probably recall you and their call is slower than mine."

So I don't know risk it or not? I am married to my wife. So spouse visa.

herewecome

Dec 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-12
AOR Received.
17-01-13
File Transfer...
17-01-13
Med's Done....
07-12-12
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2013
Well no-one will have processed my application yet (just the sponsor) although its not clear whether my meds have been passed or not but my extra results came back with no diagnosis, just confirmed the same. I'm confident at the worse it may delay things but that's it.

SpouseVisa

Star Member
Jan 8, 2013
Delay things by how long? OMG Do they want you to go to surgery and all? I mean I am covered in my own country for medical but not outside. grrrr..

herewecome

Dec 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-12
AOR Received.
17-01-13
File Transfer...
17-01-13
Med's Done....
07-12-12
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2013
No. They just may make you undergo tests to show what it is (they didn't diagnose from my additional tests) but my doctor's surgery did. If the VO contacts me I will send in clear results now.

Any pause in the VO processing an application takes time. They write to you, you get a diagnosis, you send it in, they continue in the review.

As has been said, unless its something dangerous to other Canadians (and kidney stones are not) you won't be refused.

moochops

Aug 13, 2011
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-06-2011
Doc's Request.
06-01-2012
AOR Received.
24-08-2011
File Transfer...
09-08-2011
Med's Request
new request 19-12-2012
Med's Done....
24-10-2010 / 16-01-2013
Interview........
waived
I went and re did mine for the same reason, it'll only delay it be the amount of weeks it takes to go and take new tests, so in my case an extra week. although who knows how long it will take the VO to reasses the med info!!!!

SpouseVisa

Star Member
Jan 8, 2013
I was just told by my lawyer that, applicants of family class are exempted from inadmissibility, the medical exam is only for public health and public safety.

I just want to see if I need to redo it. I mean I took it last week the test so if there's blood chances are it's still there.

I don't want to retake it.

moochops

Aug 13, 2011
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-06-2011
Doc's Request.
06-01-2012
AOR Received.
24-08-2011
File Transfer...
09-08-2011
Med's Request
new request 19-12-2012
Med's Done....
24-10-2010 / 16-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Go in next week and take it, if there's still blood in it then there's something wrong (other than the obvious) and whilst you won't be refused on that basis for sponsorship, at least you will have found out that you need medical treatment.

I seriously have nver heard of anyone refusing to retake a urine test but I can't imagine that it would enable smooth processing of your application if the dmp is trying to explain to CIC that you won't go in for another?????

Whether you act upon the information for further treatment in the event of you having kidney stones is another matter.

My doctor called me a couple weeks ago and told me that they had found a slight bladder infection, that was all and phoned the pharmacist in my nearest town for a prescription. Pretty awesome service actually and i'm glad they call you to let you know if you're ill or not!

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
SpouseVisa said:
I was just told by my lawyer that, applicants of family class are exempted from inadmissibility, the medical exam is only for public health and public safety.

I just want to see if I need to redo it. I mean I took it last week the test so if there's blood chances are it's still there.

I don't want to retake it.
Your lawyer is only half right. You are exempt from the excessive demand criteria for inadmissibility (costing health care too much). However a family class applicant could be deemed inadmissible for the public health and safety criteria.

If you have questionable results in your medical test, CIC will demand you take additional tests to clear things up. So it's better to do all required tests now before submitting your application to ensure the VO sees a clean bill of health with no questions, rather than wait for CIC to contact you later and further delay your processing. Having to re-do some medicals during the processing can add months to your time.

herewecome

Dec 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-12
AOR Received.
17-01-13
File Transfer...
17-01-13
Med's Done....
07-12-12
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2013
Rob_TO said:
Your lawyer is only half right. You are exempt from the excessive demand criteria for inadmissibility (costing health care too much). However a family class applicant could be deemed inadmissible for the public health and safety criteria.

If you have questionable results in your medical test, CIC will demand you take additional tests to clear things up. So it's better to do all required tests now before submitting your application to ensure the VO sees a clean bill of health with no questions, rather than wait for CIC to contact you later and further delay your processing. Having to re-do some medicals during the processing can add months to your time.
So if you have a bladder infection do you have to go for a retest after and with which doctor? And I assume they or you send it to your local VO?

This all seems a bit silly given blood in urine isn't anything from what I understand that can lead to refusal under spouse sponsorship. For example TB or a mental illness that can mean you are violent to others.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
herewecome said:
So if you have a bladder infection do you have to go for a retest after and with which doctor? And I assume they or you send it to your local VO?

This all seems a bit silly given blood in urine isn't anything from what I understand that can lead to refusal under spouse sponsorship. For example TB or a mental illness that can mean you are violent to others.
While not making an applicant inadmissible, several conditions do require the applicant to undergo medical surveillance after arriving in Canada (periodic check-ups or counselling with a designated doctor in Canada). They are testing for TB, Syphilis, HIV and numerous other things. What do you think the reason is they do a urine test in the first place? So if the urine test is contaminated with blood they may ask for a new test to get a clean sample. It all depends on the VO processing your application. It's up to you, and you can certainly chance they will not ask you to do another test.

moochops

Aug 13, 2011
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-06-2011
Doc's Request.
06-01-2012
AOR Received.
24-08-2011
File Transfer...
09-08-2011
Med's Request
new request 19-12-2012
Med's Done....
24-10-2010 / 16-01-2013
Interview........
waived
herewecome said:

Nope doc just prescribed me pills, i picked them up and its fine. But, the point is, they know what it is (ie nothing to worry about), blood in urine can signify (I would think) a whole manner of things from not serious to definitely serious.

Go and do the test