+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical Exam

anees10

Aug 25, 2013
I am planning to start my immigration process to Canada very soon, and as you know, it's a big step that requires a lot of planning.

I am a healthy 29 year-old male with no health problems except for a surgical procedure I had 6 years ago to treat a Ureteropelvic Junction Obstruction. The surgery went fine and no further treatment / medication is required.

I would like to ask for your advice on whether or not the aforementioned issue might make me "Medically Inadmissible" to Canada.

If so, then maybe I should reconsider my plans.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

Subash

Jun 10, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
25-06-2014
Nomination.....
14-11-2014
File Transfer...
11th March 2015(2nd line on ecas)
Med's Request
28th March 2015
Med's Done....
01,April 2015
Passport Req..
7th May 2015
VISA ISSUED...
17th May 2015
LANDED..........
22-Aug-2015
anees10 said:
Seniors..can you help please

There are three grounds on which someone can be refused for medical reason: threat to public health, threat to public safety and excessive demand on social/health services.

Active TB and syphilis fall under the first two categories, as would other communicable diseases. HIV, diabetes, downs syndrome, CP and other chronic conditions fall under the excessive demand category.

Excessive demand is strictly financial. A child that requires special education services won't pass this threshold generally because special education is expensive. Chronic conditions may be able to meet the restriction if they do not have a high associated cost. But each case is unique.

Note that if any family member is inadmissible the entire family is inadmissible.

From above,this can be assumed that you won't be inadmissible on medical grounds.