+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical exam validity extension for additional 12 months (new CIC Bulletin)

Canada Wolf

Star Member
Apr 27, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6/3/2012
File Transfer...
30/6/2012
Wow thank you guys for the super fast response!

Creampop said:
Just wanted to add, this has to be the only reason the IO hasn't made a decision, if they require any other documents they will make you redo the medical, and the exam must have been done with-in 15 months.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob423.asp
But if I have to land before the medical expires!! I guess they might need to give me more three month only cause, that would be too tight to do all the travelling arrangments !! or they won't care!

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
09 July 2012. 2nd stage AOR: 23 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
01 November 2011 (Expired)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
Canada Wolf said:

But if I have to land before the medical expires!! I guess they might need to give me more three month only cause, that would be too tight to do all the travelling arrangments !! or they won't care!
It really is at their discretion how long they extend the medicals by (I have heard it is usually 12 months but this is not a given) and you will have to land by whatever date they give you, if you fail to do so, you will have to reapply, starting the whole process again. You can land activate your PR and then return to your home country and tie up all loose ends but you must activate that PR before it expires.

ad4972

Aug 17, 2012
Hi Everybody!

Just a quick question , I am sponsoring my wife she did medical in march 2012 and today is expired
i did't get any email or letter from embassy to redo medical exam

should have to do it ?
i called doctor and booked appointment and he said she have to have schedule C
can she do it b4 they send request ?
and doctor need what file ? is the same one come with application or there is other one for redo

thank you

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
ad4972 said:
Hi Everybody!

Just a quick question , I am sponsoring my wife she did medical in march 2012 and today is expired
i did't get any email or letter from embassy to redo medical exam

should have to do it ?
i called doctor and booked appointment and he said she have to have schedule C
can she do it b4 they send request ?
and doctor need what file ? is the same one come with application or there is other one for redo

thank you
i say no; wait for them to tell u/ask u; ours were expired too and we got directly PPR with another year extension for the medicals; maybe yours r currently during extension process as well; i knew after from the GCMS notes that they asked for the extension almost 2 months after the medicals were expired and the extension was processed in around 2 weeks; during all this time they didn't tell us anything, as i said i found out myself from the GCMS notes

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
Canada Wolf said:

the important is to land!! worst case scenario u'll go back and finish all the arrangements/closures and then u'll move permanently; make sure u have ur pr card when u enter back Canada

ad4972

Aug 17, 2012
missmini said:
i say no; wait for them to tell u/ask u; ours were expired too and we got directly PPR with another year extension for the medicals; maybe yours r currently during extension process as well; i knew after from the GCMS notes that they asked for the extension almost 2 months after the medicals were expired and the extension was processed in around 2 weeks; during all this time they didn't tell us anything, as i said i found out myself from the GCMS notes
thank you :)

my wife is originally from syria she is in Turkey at this time
i request the application to be in ankara was soo happy cuz use to be just 7 months :)
right now is 16 months :-\ so me and my wife went there for 2 month she stayed with family over there and after she back to syria for 2 month and the situation get very bad she escaped to lebanon .
On Dec we received email from ankara embassy they need
1 - Police Certificates from Turkey :
2 - Proof of Address in Turkey:
3 - Proof of Legal Status in Turkey: Please provide proof that the applicant has legal status in Turkey
cuz my wife is syrian she dont need visa to turkey and she can go there and leave any time so i respond am working on the paper you need and i will send it the time i have it
so i book 1st airline to ankara to help my wife with the paper
we apply for residence permit ( take 1 month to get it )
and policy certificates , ( for proof of legal status in turkey she have nothing i though the residence permit will be good
so i went to the embassy and i ask to meet with immgration officer after wait 3h i meet with them i explain the stuation in syria and give them the document . by hand they told me you stel in time fram we cant pross your application faster
any way i back to canada and my wife in turkey i went to MP in my area she said i can sed request to immigration
so after 10 day the mp office told me the embassy said my wife medical test expired soon and they dont receive proof Address
and they are doing police check on here and what drive me crazy is she said that the embassy mention maybe the file will send to jordan why they going to send it ? is that embassy for other country ?
dont know what to do :( do i hire lawyer ? more money on top and
the mp will contact the embassy again explain again that she is not turkey and she is there just waiting for here visa cuz of the war in syria but i have to give him proof of address and dont know what kind of proof and how she get it from there
and this the status online
We received your application for permanent residence on June 6, 2012.

We started processing your application on December 10, 2012.

Medical results have been received.

thank you in advance

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
ad4972 said:
thank you :)

my wife is originally from syria she is in Turkey at this time
i request the application to be in ankara was soo happy cuz use to be just 7 months :)
right now is 16 months :-\ so me and my wife went there for 2 month she stayed with family over there and after she back to syria for 2 month and the situation get very bad she escaped to lebanon .
On Dec we received email from ankara embassy they need
1 - Police Certificates from Turkey :
2 - Proof of Address in Turkey:
3 - Proof of Legal Status in Turkey: Please provide proof that the applicant has legal status in Turkey
cuz my wife is syrian she dont need visa to turkey and she can go there and leave any time so i respond am working on the paper you need and i will send it the time i have it
so i book 1st airline to ankara to help my wife with the paper
we apply for residence permit ( take 1 month to get it )
and policy certificates , ( for proof of legal status in turkey she have nothing i though the residence permit will be good
so i went to the embassy and i ask to meet with immgration officer after wait 3h i meet with them i explain the stuation in syria and give them the document . by hand they told me you stel in time fram we cant pross your application faster
any way i back to canada and my wife in turkey i went to MP in my area she said i can sed request to immigration
so after 10 day the mp office told me the embassy said my wife medical test expired soon and they dont receive proof Address
and they are doing police check on here and what drive me crazy is she said that the embassy mention maybe the file will send to jordan why they going to send it ? is that embassy for other country ?
dont know what to do :( do i hire lawyer ? more money on top and
the mp will contact the embassy again explain again that she is not turkey and she is there just waiting for here visa cuz of the war in syria but i have to give him proof of address and dont know what kind of proof and how she get it from there
and this the status online
We received your application for permanent residence on June 6, 2012.

We started processing your application on December 10, 2012.

Medical results have been received.

thank you in advance
sorry to hear abt ur complications!! and i'm sorry to say but in a way you got into these problems urself; it's very important to read and understand each small thing abt this process or at least to ask here; senior members would have told u that u can't apply through Turkey; it's also Missisauga's fault maybe, they should have just forward her application to Amman from the beginning
they have to apply the rule and the rule is she cannot apply through Ankara unless she has proof of stay for at least 1 year there, in Turkey - like residency, study, work - not sure if refugees are considered; they want to send the file to Amman because it's Amman dealing with Syrians applicants; Amman is a small embassy but they r not bad, they are very gentle and hard working and nowadays it looks that they give priority for Syrian applications
i don't think that the MP or lawyer can help; they cannot change the rules and they cannot ask them to make exceptions if they don't want; try to get the documents they ask - for everything u cannot write a letter explaining why
if they do send the file to amman it will small delay but not the end of the world
also don't rely too much on what it says online; it doesn't all the time reflect the reality
and the processing time displayed is the time it takes to finish 80% of applications; even if Amman times r high, if u have a straightforward case and a complete file u will b done much faster (for us it took almost 10 months instead of 19)
just stay hopefull and good luck!!

ad4972

Aug 17, 2012
Thank you for your help
I would just like to add that she obtained residency in turkey last month and We did send it to them but she hasn't been living there for a year
The only paper we are gonna send is a proof of address
Do you think they will still transfer the file to Jordan or will it be ok ?
Thank again

Iay

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2, 2017
AOR Received.
2017/02/10 In-process 2017/02/16 Test 2017/03/22 DM 2017/03/23
So for the medical extensions, is it true that they don't normally inform the applicant about extending ones medical?
And how long does it usually take for the process?

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
Iay said:
So for the medical extensions, is it true that they don't normally inform the applicant about extending ones medical?
And how long does it usually take for the process?
for us it was true, they didn't inform; but it depends on the embassy and even on the officer too; for us it took around 2 weeks

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
ad4972 said:
Thank you for your help
I would just like to add that she obtained residency in turkey last month and We did send it to them but she hasn't been living there for a year
The only paper we are gonna send is a proof of address
Do you think they will still transfer the file to Jordan or will it be ok ?
Thank again
ok that's good :) the rule is she must have any kind of permanent stay of at least one year from the moment she applies NOT before she applied; so now she fits in the rule i think; just send them as soon as possible the documents they asked (now that she's resident she can get them no?) plus proof of residency; in case you couldn't get them send them some proof that u tried and written explanation of why it didn't work
if they have the proofs they shouldn't send her file to Amman but you never know; good luck!!

Shuga

Nov 26, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2008
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011
File Transfer...
31-01-2012
Med's Request
15-02-2012
Med's Done....
03-03-2012 and 03-07-2012
my mother was asked to redo x-ray so her medicals validity can be extended... the new x-ray was delivered to medical office in London last week... does anybody know how long it takes to get visa after medicals vaidity extention request? our office is CPP-O (Ottawa)

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Shuga said:
my mother was asked to redo x-ray so her medicals validity can be extended... the new x-ray was delivered to medical office in London last week... does anybody know how long it takes to get visa after medicals vaidity extention request? our office is CPP-O (Ottawa)
2-3 weeks. I would e-mail CPP-O replying to the request letter confirming you've redone the x-rays so they know to look for the info.

Good luck!

Dourdon

Dec 22, 2012
Why for London is 3 weeks and for Ottawa is 3 months? :eek: :eek: :eek: There is no kind of subjectivity to check the medical results of the different people?! So what's the reason? ::)

BCgirl2012

May 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2012
AOR Received.
03-07-2012
File Transfer...
04-07-2012
Med's Done....
16-12-2011
Passport Req..
18-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
Dourdon said:
Why for London is 3 weeks and for Ottawa is 3 months? :eek: :eek: :eek: There is no kind of subjectivity to check the medical results of the different people?! So what's the reason? ::)
Not sure if it's 3 weeks for London- it's been 3 weeks already for us and no news yet. I've heard it's something like 1-2 months depending on how busy they are.

How long have you been waiting for?