+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical exam two months after application (inland)

Fizzybe

Star Member
Feb 23, 2019
Toronto, ON
Hi all,

My husband and I were pleasantly surprised to find out that my husband received instructions for the medical exam yesterday.

We submitted our application on December 21, 2018. I received a confirmation email (AoR) on February 21, 2019, which was expected. What surprised us was that my husband received the medical exam instructions the next day. I didn't even receive an email saying my sponsorship was approved.

Isn't this very fast? Does this mean his PR application might be processed faster than the average 12 months?

Now I know that we did create a very thorough and clear application and triple checked everything. We had lots and lots of proof of our relationship, from insurance, to tons of wedding greeting cards, wedding guest book entries, credit card statements showing same address, lots of money transfers, great photos, plane tickets, and more. We're also both employed, live together and have been married for 1 year + 4 months and we're pregnant with our first. We paid all fees upfront and sent in police checks and everything. He has also been in Canada for more than 8 years. So maybe all these have an effect on how fast this was?

ORRR

The other thing I can think of is whether CIC is changing up its processing format in 2019 and we still have a lot to go, but just don't know it yet.

What do you think? Do you have any knowledge?

Hurlabrick

Champion Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
Hi all,

My husband and I were pleasantly surprised to find out that my husband received instructions for the medical exam yesterday.

We submitted our application on December 21, 2018. I received a confirmation email (AoR) on February 21, 2019, which was expected. What surprised us was that my husband received the medical exam instructions the next day. I didn't even receive an email saying my sponsorship was approved.

Isn't this very fast?
Reasonably quick, but not remarkably so.

Does this mean his PR application might be processed faster than the average 12 months?
No. Early stuff like this, whether slower than average or quicker is no real indication of overall timescales. Your timescale depends on a mixture of:

- Nationality of the PA
- Inland or outland (determines which VO it goes to)
- Visa office you end up going to (some like London are slow, others like Ottawa are fast)
- How complete and straightforward your personal case is

Now I know that we did create a very thorough and clear application and triple checked everything. We had lots and lots of proof of our relationship, from insurance, to tons of wedding greeting cards, wedding guest book entries, credit card statements showing same address, lots of money transfers, great photos, plane tickets, and more. We're also both employed, live together and have been married for 1 year + 4 months and we're pregnant with our first. We paid all fees upfront and sent in police checks and everything. He has also been in Canada for more than 8 years. So maybe all these have an effect on how fast this was?
Just hopefully puts you in the 'straightforward' case category which SHOULD mean no further questions, which slow cases down by several weeks.

The other thing I can think of is whether CIC is changing up its processing format in 2019 and we still have a lot to go, but just don't know it yet.

Who knows? They tinker with the process all of the time. Sometimes the put 'tiger teams' in, other times they stream by complexity. I have seen spousal sponsorship cases processed as quickly as 47 days and as slowly a 3 years. Chill and don't read too much into anything and get settled in for a long wait - you are in the same boat as most other people and there are thousands of case files in process at any one time.

MirGer

Star Member
Feb 3, 2019
It's normal... If you check the post for December 2018 Inland applications, you will see that everyone has the same timeline as you

Kruzinkid

May 18, 2019
Hi all,

Isn't this very fast? Does this mean his PR application might be processed faster than the average 12 months?

ORRR

Did the instructions for medical come via email or snail mail?

Kits

Apr 7, 2019
Did the instructions for medical come via email or snail mail?
They send you the following email:

Subject: You have a new message in your account for application: Fxxxxxxx

E-mail Notification
This message is intended for the following e-mail address: xxx@xxx.com.
If this message does not concern you, discard it.

You have a new message(s) in your account.
To view your message, sign in to your account.

Then, you have to sign in to your GKey/online account and check your application status. You’ll find a new message with the medical request information.

Kruzinkid

May 18, 2019
They send you the following email:

Subject: You have a new message in your account for application: Fxxxxxxx

E-mail Notification
This message is intended for the following e-mail address: xxx@xxx.com.
If this message does not concern you, discard it.

You have a new message(s) in your account.
To view your message, sign in to your account.

Then, you have to sign in to your GKey/online account and check your application status. You’ll find a new message with the medical request information.
Thanks....found it.

Reactions: Kits