+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical exam procedure questions

gwendave

Oct 27, 2009
I am a US citizen living in California, with a common law partner living in BC. We are applying for him to sponsor myself and my two children from a previous marriage (ex-husband has signed the approval), and I am horribly confused about how to handle the medical exam. I know all three of us need one, and all have to have our passports as well to do it. What I am not understanding is what form(s) we need.

The Canadian immigration site says to use Appendix C, but the form is for apps being processed outside of Canada. I am going to be sending all of my docs to my partner in BC to have him submit them there. Can someone clarify this for me, please? I've been going in circles trying to sort this out for a few days now and I'm lost here.

Thanks!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

gwendave said:
I am a US citizen living in California, with a common law partner living in BC. We are applying for him to sponsor myself and my two children from a previous marriage (ex-husband has signed the approval), and I am horribly confused about how to handle the medical exam. I know all three of us need one, and all have to have our passports as well to do it. What I am not understanding is what form(s) we need.

The Canadian immigration site says to use Appendix C, but the form is for apps being processed outside of Canada. I am going to be sending all of my docs to my partner in BC to have him submit them there. Can someone clarify this for me, please? I've been going in circles trying to sort this out for a few days now and I'm lost here.

Thanks!
1. Your application will be processed outside Canada. Your spouse submits his sponsorship and your application to Mississauga. If he is approved as a sponsor, then your application is sent to Buffalo for processing.
2. The medical receipt and the Police Certificates as well as the other documents required accompany the application. The DMP has the medical forms.

PMM

gwendave

Oct 27, 2009
Thank you, PMM. I just was not making that connection and I appreciate your patience in answering this question for what has probably been the 1,000,000th time. =P

whoopi83

Aug 17, 2009
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gwendave said:

Thanks!
Gwendave - with regard to the highlighted part, if you are a US citizen living in Ca., and your common-law partner is living in BC., how are you filing under common law? Do you have 12 months cohabitation etc which is continuing?

gwendave

Oct 27, 2009
whoopi83 said:
gwendave said:

Thanks!
Gwendave - with regard to the highlighted part, if you are a US citizen living in Ca., and your common-law partner is living in BC., how are you filing under common law? Do you have 12 months cohabitation etc which is continuing?

Yeah, I think we're fine with that part of it. He was down here working for two years while living with me, but needed a new job and we decided BC was the best place for it as neither of us wanted to continue living here. He's currently up there, but also continuing to help me keep this household running until I can get up there with him.