+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

medical exam on tourist visa

suneet singh

Dec 10, 2021
I applied tourist visa on 25 Dec,2021 and on 18 Jan,2022 I got medical exam request on GCKEY moreover status changed to
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
as far as i know IRCC doesn't demand medical exam on tourist visa if the stay is less than 6 months.
can someone shed some light regarding this
Thanks and regards.

Tzar

Aug 31, 2019
I applied tourist visa on 25 Dec,2021 and on 18 Jan,2022 I got medical exam request on GCKEY moreover status changed to
as far as i know IRCC doesn't demand medical exam on tourist visa if the stay is less than 6 months.
Thanks and regards.

Do you receive BVL too?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks and regards.
From your past posts, do you not have a study visa too. If so when was your last medical?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have student visa valid till march,2022. my last medical was on Oct,2017
That may be why. Medicals are only valid for one year and since you are on a student visa, VOs may want up to date medical since you are out of the country. So you are on a study permit and don’t plan to stay in Canada more than 6 months?

Reactions: suneet singh

suneet singh

Dec 10, 2021
thanks for your reply
yes that's right I'm out of Canada since April,2019 and i dont have intentions to stay in Canada for more than 6 months.

suneet singh

Dec 10, 2021
That may be why. Medicals are only valid for one year and since you are on a student visa, VOs may want up to date medical since you are out of the country. So you are on a study permit and don’t plan to stay in Canada more than 6 months?
I'm not studying in Canada anymore although i have a valid study permit. i applied for tourism visit only. so what's the need VO want my medical up to date ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I'm not studying in Canada anymore although i have a valid study permit. i applied for tourism visit only. so what's the need VO want my medical up to date ?
Right but when reviewing your eligibility, your file will show that you have a valid study permit (long term stay) so that is why you may have been asked for a medical. VO will think you are coming to study & need new TV to enter.

suneet singh

Dec 10, 2021
Thanks for your advice.
what are the chances of getting TRV after medical examination. I submit the following documents.
digital photo
travel history ( valid Canada S1 visa with entry and exit stamps)
family form
passport
In optional : travel itinerary, bonafide certificate from collage in india

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks for your advice.
what are the chances of getting TRV after medical examination. I submit the following documents.
digital photo
travel history ( valid Canada S1 visa with entry and exit stamps)
family form
passport
In optional : travel itinerary, bonafide certificate from collage in india
When did you stop going to school in Canada because the school is supposed to inform IRCC to cancel it. Can’t tell you your chances because you may be approved based on your valid study permit and VOs think you are entering Canada to study. That is why you may be being asked for a medical

suneet singh

Dec 10, 2021
When did you stop going to school in Canada because the school is supposed to inform IRCC to cancel it. Can’t tell you your chances because you may be approved based on your valid study permit and VOs think you are entering Canada to study. That is why you may be being asked for a medical
Thanks for your continuous support and valuable guidance. Can you shed some light what is the estimate processing time to get decision after medical is done.

suneet singh

Dec 10, 2021
Hello @Naturgrl . I once visited doctor in Canada and i was diagnosed with ulcers in my large intestine. later i came back to India for further management of it. Now when i'll go for medical should i declare my previous medical history and recent prescription of it. or i can hide it. ?
Do doctors and collages in Canada shares medical issue of a person with Canadian immigration as i had sent my reports to these.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello @Naturgrl . I once visited doctor in Canada and i was diagnosed with ulcers in my large intestine. later i came back to India for further management of it. Now when i'll go for medical should i declare my previous medical history and recent prescription of it. or i can hide it. ?
Do doctors and collages in Canada shares medical issue of a person with Canadian immigration as i had sent my reports to these.
Why would you hide it and misrepresent yourself? Ulcers are common so why do it.