+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical Exam "Need yr help PMM or any expert plz"

mnassar

Star Member
Nov 19, 2007
hi,

I am going to submit my applications & docs required to the local visa office in my country next thursday , but i didnt do the medical exam yet, so do i ve to do it b4 submitting the docs to Mississauga or i just ve to wait till they request to do it?

As i read in appendix D the below:

"Instructions for the medical examination will be provided after your application has been assessed by an
Immigration Canada officer. You should not undergo a medical examination until you have been
specifically instructed to do so.
You will be responsible for the costs of the medical examination for all of your family members.
At the time of the medical examination you and your family members will be required to present individual
passports as evidence of identity. If your family members do not already have individual passports, you
should apply to obtain them now.
The permanent resident visa has the same validity period as the medical results, that is, 12 months from the
date of the first examination or test. Consequently, if you undergo a medical examination before other stages
of processing are completed, this will limit the validity of your visa, and your visa could expire before you
are ready to travel to Canada."

Appreciate yr help
Thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

mnassar said:
hi,

I am going to submit my applications & docs required to the local visa office in my country next thursday , but i didnt do the medical exam yet, so do i ve to do it b4 submitting the docs to Mississauga or i just ve to wait till they request to do it?

As i read in appendix D the below:

"Instructions for the medical examination will be provided after your application has been assessed by an
Immigration Canada officer. You should not undergo a medical examination until you have been
specifically instructed to do so.
You will be responsible for the costs of the medical examination for all of your family members.
At the time of the medical examination you and your family members will be required to present individual
passports as evidence of identity. If your family members do not already have individual passports, you
should apply to obtain them now.
The permanent resident visa has the same validity period as the medical results, that is, 12 months from the
date of the first examination or test. Consequently, if you undergo a medical examination before other stages
of processing are completed, this will limit the validity of your visa, and your visa could expire before you
are ready to travel to Canada."

Appreciate yr help
Thanks
If you are submitting a family class application, you do the medical and send a copy of the receipt with the application. It would appear that you are reading the wrong guide. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/5289E.PDF page 28.

PMM

mnassar

Star Member
Nov 19, 2007
thanks PMM 4 yr reply

but am doing a spouse sponsorship from outside canada but i read this information in the below guide:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/E33011.PDF

So wat do u think?

Thank u:)

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

mnassar said:
thanks PMM 4 yr reply

but am doing a spouse sponsorship from outside canada but i read this information in the below guide:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/E33011.PDF

So wat do u think?

The title is :Sponsorship of parents, grandparents, adopted children and other relatives

So if you are sponsoring one of the above, they don't do the medicals upfront, otherwise if it is a spouse they do.

PMM

Thank u:)

Rahimi

Star Member
Jan 24, 2008
Hello,

If you are submitting your application as (Spousal ) then you are doing wrong. and you should do your medical before submitting application.

if you are family classes/ parents, brothers, sister then you are doing good job. otherwise no good job.

cheers
rahimi