+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical exam might not pass due to anti-anxiety medication

Mms32

Aug 18, 2019
Hi,

In my upfront medical exam I disclosed the fact that I have anxiety and take medication for it, although I did mention it is mild anxiety and the doctor did not ask me to go through anymore tests so my question is:
Will it be a reason for failing my medical exam?
In the application form where it asks if you had any serious illness, mental or physical disorder? Should I say Yes or NO, since anxiety is not a serious medical illness.

Your responses will be much appreciated since I am really panicking about my medical exam:(

harnav sra

Nov 3, 2018
Hi,

In my upfront medical exam I disclosed the fact that I have anxiety and take medication for it, although I did mention it is mild anxiety and the doctor did not ask me to go through anymore tests so my question is:
In the application form where it asks if you had any serious illness, mental or physical disorder? Should I say Yes or NO, since anxiety is not a serious medical illness.

Your responses will be much appreciated since I am really panicking about my medical exam:(
You are getting anxious again . In medical blood samples are taken to detect : HIV and syphillis .
Urine : to see if any blood is there, protein or urea
X Ray : diagnose TB
Eyesight is checked , height , weight .
In no way anxiety can fail medical exam . So just chill relax . It’s not disease.

Mms32

Aug 18, 2019
You are getting anxious again . In medical blood samples are taken to detect : HIV and syphillis .
Urine : to see if any blood is there, protein or urea
X Ray : diagnose TB
Eyesight is checked , height , weight .
In no way anxiety can fail medical exam . So just chill relax . It’s not disease.
Thank you for the reply:) seriously have been really anxious thinking about it since the medication I am taking might raise a red flag and complicate my case. I wonder if people with similar situation as mine have passed their medical exam.

harnav sra

Nov 3, 2018
Thank you for the reply:) seriously have been really anxious thinking about it since the medication I am taking might raise a red flag and complicate my case. I wonder if people with similar situation as mine have passed their medical exam.
Definitely they might have .. but as told u earlier it’s not a disease. It’s just a disorder and not communicable... for better knowledge search cic official site . U will clear for sure . Good luck:)

sateeshbv

Apr 28, 2021
Hi Have you passed medical test ? My friend is in similar boat need inputs please

sphng

Star Member
Jun 5, 2019
Hi Have you passed medical test ? My friend is in similar boat need inputs please
Hi, there! I have GAD and have been taking medication for it for a number of years. I passed my medicals with no problem. If a health issue is not communicable and if it wouldn't put significant strain on Canada's public health system, there won't be an issue.

sateeshbv

Apr 28, 2021
Hi, there! I have GAD and have been taking medication for it for a number of years. I passed my medicals with no problem. If a health issue is not communicable and if it wouldn't put significant strain on Canada's public health system, there won't be an issue.
Thanks for your quick response

Maddy@

Sep 30, 2022
Hi,

Hi! Could you please tell me if you answered ‘YES’ or ‘NO’ to this question. My friend is in the same boat and would really appreciate your input. Thanks!

Maddy@

Sep 30, 2022
Hello, could you please guide if the answer to the question ‘Does XYZ has serious illness or physical or mental disorder?’ should be ‘YES’ or ‘NO’ for mild anxiety?
My disclosed his mild anxiety during the upfront medical exam.

sphng

Star Member
Jun 5, 2019
Hello, could you please guide if the answer to the question ‘Does XYZ has serious illness or physical or mental disorder?’ should be ‘YES’ or ‘NO’ for mild anxiety?
My disclosed his mild anxiety during the upfront medical exam.
Hi! If it's mild anxiety (nothing that seriously affects the people around you), no, you don't have to disclose it. Even if you did disclose it, mild anxiety is fine. Inadmissibility based on medical issues is only for issues that could affect the general public (something that can be passed on like HIV) or which will be a strain on the health system (something that requires rigorous and regular treatment like cancer).