+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical Exam help

onetomany

Dec 13, 2011
Hello Fellows,

Today I received a call for Medical Examination after waiting for 2 years..
The information has provided a link. dmp-md/medical.aspx

Someone can please provide useful information that one has to take care for medicals (do's and don'ts), I don't want the application to be delayed because of the medicals.

All help is highly appreciated... :)

thebeast184

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OCT 2010
Doc's Request.
Submitted with App
AOR Received.
FEB 2011
IELTS Request
Submitted w App
Med's Request
Aug 2012
Med's Done....
Sep 2012
Passport Req..
Oct 2012
VISA ISSUED...
NOV 2012
LANDED..........
JAN 2013
Congrats!!! 8)

Not many tips

As long as you are healthy you will be ok! They are only concerned about people who can become a burden to the governemnt. Tests are mainly syphilis, hiv & TB Take your passport.

nm423

Star Member
Feb 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/22/2010
Doc's Request.
04/22/2010
onetomany said:
Hello Fellows,

Today I received a call for Medical Examination after waiting for 2 years..
The information has provided a link. dmp-md/medical.aspx

Someone can please provide useful information that one has to take care for medicals (do's and don'ts), I don't want the application to be delayed because of the medicals.

All help is highly appreciated... :)
Hello,

This is how we got our medicals done.......i called all the DMP offices within 4 to 5hr radius from where i live and got the price they are charging and the next immediately available appointment. I called about 5 or so DMPs and saw that the price varies from $125 to $200 per person even though there is no difference in the meds. After fixing your appointment all you need to take is the documents CIC sent along with your passports. Some doctors ask for your kid's (if they are under 5 i believe) immunization records and some don't. So its better to take them along with you. Some doctors have clinics that do the all the tests i.e. x-rays, blood work, urine analysis and physical and some docs send you to other clinics they have tie up with. So be prepared for the extra travel if required.

You will not get any reports from the DMP. All the reports are sent to Ottawa office by the DMP in about a week-10days time. UNLIKE ME,MAKE SURE YOU SPECIFY THE DMP THAT YOU WANT TO SEND THE REPORTS TO OTTAWA BY A COURIER JUST TO BE ABLE TO TRACK WHEN YOUR MEDICALS REACHED OTTAWA (for which you should be willing to pay the courier charges). Once done the DMP's office will give you a receipt which is a proof that the medicals are done. Send a copy of this receipt over to your visa office notifying them that you are done with your medicals. If at all any extra tests are required (GOD FORBID)... the DMP will notify you about them.

Remember to be patient.......:)

Regards,
NM423