+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical exam for visitor record - can I use it for sponsorship?

penthouse99

Apr 12, 2014
I recently received AOR for sponsorship and applied visitor record on side because it's expiring. I didn't wanna take chance if my open work permit application gets rejected and I have no status in Canada.

Now ircc just requested medical exam to get my visitor record. Once I get the exam, can I use it for family sponsorship application? I know eventually I gotta undergo medical exam in order to get PR. And I also know a medical exam is valid for 12 months. Please help I don't wanna pay twice for med. Exam!!!!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I recently received AOR for sponsorship and applied visitor record on side because it's expiring. I didn't wanna take chance if my open work permit application gets rejected and I have no status in Canada.

Now ircc just requested medical exam to get my visitor record. Once I get the exam, can I use it for family sponsorship application? I know eventually I gotta undergo medical exam in order to get PR. And I also know a medical exam is valid for 12 months. Please help I don't wanna pay twice for med. Exam!!!!
Yes, you can use the same exam for both apps.

penthouse99

Apr 12, 2014
Yes, you can use the same exam for both apps.
thanks, and today I received another notification saying 'Your application to remain in Canada as a temporary resident has been approved' do i still need to do medical exam?

also, how can I inform IRCC to make them share my med. exam for visitor record with my spouse PR application?? much appreciated!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
thanks, and today I received another notification saying 'Your application to remain in Canada as a temporary resident has been approved' do i still need to do medical exam?

also, how can I inform IRCC to make them share my med. exam for visitor record with my spouse PR application?? much appreciated!
Yes, you still need the medical.

You need to send the receipt with each app.